Need miracle, totally confused & frustrated!!!

rjb127

Reaction score
Purchased Droid Incredible in Sept, just switched to Verizon. End of Sept turned off phone to charge over night. Next morning when I turned on phone, screen was completely white, with three little Droid guys on skate boards. Screen showed sometime of scan being done, phone turned itself off, never turned on again. All backups of course gone. Went to Verizon store, total waste of time. Called customer service, sent out refurbished one ( wasn't happy about that one). Got phone, have backed everything up...life was good until this morning, turned on phone to once again find the three little guys on skateboards, screen running same type of scan, and as before...phone shut off and unable to turn it on. Talked to customer service, and as before they want to send out refurbished phone. Can someone please tell me what happened to the phone? Really need advice on what to do... thanks, Kate

vonfink13

Reaction score
Can't say I have ever heard that one before. Are you using the stock wall charger that came with the phone?

OP
R

rjb127

Reaction score
Yes, using charger phone came with. Could it be some type of virus? Thanks!

vonfink13

Reaction score
I assume you tried to pull the battery and put it back and the little skateboarders were still there..?

vonfink13

Reaction score
If you Google Android skateboarders the only other people with the same problem were people who either tried to root or flash a rom and had it go bad... you may have to get another phone... not sure though.. i am not rooted so a lot of those issues are outta my league....

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not aware of anyone getting a virus on their Droid. I wonder if your charger may have a short.

OP
R

rjb127

Reaction score
Pulled the battery, not rooted, never even thought of rooting being a newbie,lol. Also thought of it possibly being the charger so purchased a new one. Nothing seemed to work. So do u think my only option with customer service is another refurb phone ? I can't believe it happened two times. Been really careful on downloading apps also, initially thought that might be the prob. No luck there either

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you receive a new USB cord and plug with the first replacement?

OP
R

rjb127

Reaction score
Yea, Verizon wasn't going to replace it, so I purchased new one at the Verizon store.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Ouch.

As for viruses, physically impossible unless you are rooted. Even then, profoundly unlikely.

Malware is another thing entirely.

What did you do with your dead Inc?

OP
R

rjb127

Reaction score
First dead Inc returned for refurbished. Second dead Inc here, called Verizon without much help, telling me to visit nearest Verizon store. Gonna wait an call back, hopefully getting a rep who's more cooperative? Can only hope, lol

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suggest being very nice. If the CS you get is not willing to help ask for their supervisor.

Good luck and keep us posted.

OP
R

rjb127

Reaction score
Lol, for sure i'll b nice, I'm not a screamer nor get nasty never solves anything. What would you suggest, another refurbished incredible or ask for a different droid? This has been so weird....first time thought maybe its just a fluke. Two times, eh...no.
Malware was mentioned. What steps can you take to prevent malware, or get it off the phone? Thanks for responding!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sadly, many members have commented that the replacement they receive still has issues. Some have reported getting 5 or more replacements. I'm not sure what other devices you should consider. I imagine the options will depend on the CS rep you work with.

Good luck and let us know how this resolves.

Mike

OP
R

rjb127

Reaction score
What type of phone do you currently have? I was thinking of possibly pushing for the droid x, then seen the incredible will soon be out in HD. I'll post how it goes, thanks- Kate