Died after 4 days...

Pete Smart

Reaction score
Ordered the phone on Aug. 25th and got it on Sept. 9th. Really like the phone. Pretty slick device. Was fully charged this morning and then just shut off while at work and won't turn back on. Took battery out, plugged charger in, nothing. Just a blank screen.

Verizon rep said I would get new phone cause it's within 30 days but it won't ship until the 22nd of Sept. @ the earliest. Such a blower.

Anyone have this happen or hear anything like this?

Oh, and great forum.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
cant leave it on the charger for an hour (wall charger)? and see what happens?

tfk232

Reaction score
Pretty crappy about the phone, but about the replacement - I had to get a replacement phone and it came within 3 days of me going to the Verizon store. Unless you are waiting to get a brand new phone/battery/cord/etc, I don't see why you wouldn't get your replacement phone very quickly.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Any update from the OP?

Smokie

Reaction score
when you are pluggin it in are you using the wall charger or plugging it into the computer? the computer cannot and will not charge the phone or allow you to turn it on if it is fully dead. only the wall charger or a car charger are capable of charging the phone from being totally dead.

OP
P

Pete Smart

Reaction score
I left it plugged in on the charger for an hour like Abe suggested and got nothing. So sad. Just a waiting game and reminiscing about the good ol' days when droid x and I used to have fun.

And Smokie, I always have the charger plugged into the wall. I think I got the short end of the stick on this one.

bigd73

Reaction score
I wonder if your charger died. Try charging it for an hour on a computer.

OP
P

Pete Smart

Reaction score
I tried my car charger which still charges my work phone fine and it did nothing for the phone. It is what it is.

I will accept all condolences and crawl back to my dare for the next two weeks...