Need help with Wi Fi

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by hydro556, Dec 2, 2009.

1. hydro556

hydro556 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Great forum. This is my first post, and the Droid is my first smart phone. I really am digging it but am still trying to figure out most of it.

I am trying to get connected via my home wireless network. When I set it up, it indicates that the Droid is connected, but I cannot access any web pages or run a speed test. If I turn off the wifi, it connects via 3G and everything works. Can someone help out a new guy?

Thanks

2. mrpbjnance

mrpbjnance Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I had the same problem and it is posted in another thread but I won't reply to tell you to do a search like I got.

The problem I had is that I Had WEP security with AES. For somereason the droid can't handle AES. If you switch it to TKIP (which is not as secure but personaly I think its enough but you must decide that on your own) then I was able to connect and browse. Just be aware if you have anthing like a range extender or printer (like me) you will need to reconfigure those. You other connections (PC, droid) should be good to go.

Good Luck!

3. hydro556

hydro556 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I am looking but not finding where I can adjust those settings? Is it under "WiFi settings"?

4. mrpbjnance

mrpbjnance Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry

Those settings are on your wireless router. You will need to reference the
    doc for your wireless router on how to change that.