Need help with rooting HTC Rezound

acejavelin

Reaction score
really hate to sound stupid, but where is my fastboot directory?

Also, does it matter that I had the zip file on the sd card? It wasn't on the external SD, but I can't get to anything other than the SD card for some reason.

It shouldn't matter, but if you are already rooted you can always install the latest TWRP with Goo Manager from the Google Play Store.

Also, your fastboot directory is in the same place as adb... Usually the platform-tools directory of adb unless you are using mini-adb.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

pastorfish

Reaction score
OK. I'll try that. Right now my phone suddenly is telling me its upgrading and optimizing apps. Not sure why. But I'll try Goo Manager next.

pastorfish

Reaction score
OK, this is just really getting confusing. I downloaded Goo Manager, but to be honest, I'm not exactly sure what to do with it. So I went over to ROM Manager (which I already had on my phone) and it says that my current recovery is, in fact, TWRP. But when I tell it to reboot into it, it still reboots into cmd recovery.

acejavelin

Reaction score
OK, this is just really getting confusing. I downloaded Goo Manager, but to be honest, I'm not exactly sure what to do with it. So I went over to ROM Manager (which I already had on my phone) and it says that my current recovery is, in fact, TWRP. But when I tell it to reboot into it, it still reboots into cmd recovery.

Open GooManger and press menu key and select "Install OpenRecoveryScript", it will pop up a confirmation window, select Yes. Next it should ask to confirm "openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-vigor.img" and tap Yes. It will then download the file then give it time... It might take a few minutes of nothing appearing to happen but you should get a pop up saying it was installed. Once that is done, reboot recovery from GooManger (you will probably get some "unfortunately xxx has stopped messages, that's normal) and it should reboot into TWRP.

pastorfish

Reaction score
Open GooManger and press menu key and select "Install OpenRecoveryScript", it will pop up a confirmation window, select Yes. Next it should ask to confirm "openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-vigor.img" and tap Yes. It will then download the file then give it time... It might take a few minutes of nothing appearing to happen but you should get a pop up saying it was installed. Once that is done, reboot recovery from GooManger (you will probably get some "unfortunately xxx has stopped messages, that's normal) and it should reboot into TWRP.

Awesome! That worked. Thank you so much for you patience.

pastorfish

Reaction score
No problem... Glad you got it working!

I'm back :(

OK, so I've got twrp on here, and I've been trying to flash CM through goomanager. Once again, I'm S-on. I've been using the versions from flyhalf as well as trying the gapps files recommended elsewhere. But my phone keeps hanging up on the white htc screen. I then have to remove the battery and boot into recovery and restore my backup.

You mentioned fastboot, and told me it was in the adb folder, but I can't find any such animal. Is that folder supposed to be on my phone or on my computer? Am I supposed to be connected to my computer for this process or should I just be able to do it all on the phone? Is there something I'm doing wrong with goomanager? Sorry for all the questions. Answer as many or as few as you like, and thanks for your help.

OH... Is there another thread I should be asking this on or where this has already been discussed?

acejavelin

Reaction score
I'm back :(

OK, so I've got twrp on here, and I've been trying to flash CM through goomanager. Once again, I'm S-on. I've been using the versions from flyhalf as well as trying the gapps files recommended elsewhere. But my phone keeps hanging up on the white htc screen. I then have to remove the battery and boot into recovery and restore my backup.

You mentioned fastboot, and told me it was in the adb folder, but I can't find any such animal. Is that folder supposed to be on my phone or on my computer? Am I supposed to be connected to my computer for this process or should I just be able to do it all on the phone? Is there something I'm doing wrong with goomanager? Sorry for all the questions. Answer as many or as few as you like, and thanks for your help.

OH... Is there another thread I should be asking this on or where this has already been discussed?

If you are S-On you need to flash the boot image separately using fastboot. Fastboot is part of the Android SDK that is available from Google and you have to install that separately on your PC

pastorfish

Reaction score
If you are S-On you need to flash the boot image separately using fastboot. Fastboot is part of the Android SDK that is available from Google and you have to install that separately on your PC

That's what I thought. So is this where I basically follow Scottys noob friendly root guide?