I really need some serious help here guys. Please!

LS-208

Reaction score
I unlocked the bootloader on my HTC Rezound. I flashed CWM Touch with RecoverX. Then of course I did a complete wipe. I then flashed NeoMax ROM and rebooted. After staring at the load screen saying HTC Quietly Rooted for an hour, I pulled the battery and went back into the recovery. I tried to restore my phone with the backup I had created before I flashed the ROM. It keeps telling me that the sd card can't be mounted, therefore, will not backup. I'm stuck. I tried flashing the ROM another time but no luck. Can anyone please help me figure this out? I'm desperate!

OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
The kernel I flashed was: Flashable_3.14.605.10_Kernel.zip

acejavelin

Reaction score
Did you flash the kernel after the rom in fastboot?
^^^ This

If you are unlocked but S-ON you need to flash the kernel manually. Most ROMs have very detailed instructions explaining that this needs to be done. The symptoms you describe are exactly what heppens if the kernel is incorrect.

OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
^^^ This

If you are unlocked but S-ON you need to flash the kernel manually. Most ROMs have very detailed instructions explaining that this needs to be done. The symptoms you describe are exactly what heppens if the kernel is incorrect.

Ok. I will go back and see if I can find the correct Kernel.

Bpowder33

Reaction score
The kernel is normally found in the "rom".zip you downloaded as aka boot.img in Neo's ROM's. You need to extract it and flash in hboot

Last edited:
OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
The kernel is normally found in the "rom".zip you downloaded as aka boot.img in Neo's ROM's. You need to extract it and flash in hboot

Ahhh. Ok. I will try that. I wasn't sure if it was tied up in the ruu global file or not.

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Each rom will have a specific kernel typically. If you ever flash an ruu remember to relock the bootloader first!

OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
each rom will have a specific kernel typically. If you ever flash an ruu remember to relock the bootloader first!

which file is it? Is it the boot. Img or the installbusybox file?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
You also want to replace CWM with AmonRa if you plan on backing up ever. AmonRa is the only recovery that works properly

Bpowder33

Reaction score
You also want to replace CWM with AmonRa if you plan on backing up ever. AmonRa is the only recovery that works properly

+++1

Twrp is also working well... Several Rezound devs are starting to use this recovery with their ROM's in conjunction with goomanager. Nandroid manager is another nice app that works well with Twrp backups.

Last edited:
OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
Also, the ROM you refered to states that S-OFF is prefered. I am S-ON. Will that matter too much?