I really need some serious help here guys. Please!

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Also, the ROM you refered to states that S-OFF is prefered. I am S-ON. Will that matter too much?

It just means that after you flash the rom.zip in recovery you have to manually flash the kernel aka boot.img, found in the rom.zip, while in hboot.

I downloaded the rom and can confirm it is there.

Put the boot.img in the same location you put the unlocktoken to unlock the bootloader

Fastboot command from command prompt on pc

Fastboot flash boot boot.img

while connected to your pc via usb with the phone in fastboot

Last edited:
OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
It just means that after you flash the rom.zip in recovery you have to manually flash the kernel aka boot.img, found in the rom.zip, while in hboot.

I downloaded the rom and can confirm it is there.

Put the boot.img in the same location you put the unlocktoken to unlock the bootloader

Fastboot command from command prompt on pc

Fastboot flash boot boot.img

while connected to your pc via usb with the phone in fastboot
Sounds easy enough, but here is my problem, I can't get adb to recognize my device in the command box. So I can't even flash AmonRa recovery. I can't find any way to flash it other than from the PC. What kind of problems will I run into if I try to flash it with CWM Touch?

OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
I'm getting nothing except frustrated. I open my phone in fastboot then open the command window. I type fastboot devices and get nothing. I put my phone in recovery mode and type in adb devices and it shows up. I then type fastboot devices and all it says is waiting on device. I cannot figure out how to flash anything from the PC. I'm thinking this was a really bad idea on my part. It frustrates me to no end because I rooted my nexus 7 with no problems whatsoever. Somebody may just have to walk me through this. Sorry to keep bothering you all.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
The phone will show up in recovery under ADB. In fastboot/bootloader, you will need to use fastboot. It registers as a different device in fastboot mode. You will need to make sure the driver is properly loaded. I don't remember what it shows up as in its unrecognized format, but just make sure your phone is being recognized when in fastboot and connected to your PC.

OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
The phone will show up in recovery under ADB. In fastboot/bootloader, you will need to use fastboot. It registers as a different device in fastboot mode. You will need to make sure the driver is properly loaded. I don't remember what it shows up as in its unrecognized format, but just make sure your phone is being recognized when in fastboot and connected to your PC.

Do I need to find and download the drivers? I ask because when I command fastboot it doesn't show my phone on the command box. Seems like the drivers should be there if it shows up in the adb command. If it's not recognizing my phone, it won't loaded them when I plug in the usb cable.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Hmmm... I was going to link you to the HTC Sync for Rezound drivers on HTC's website, but I can't find them... in fact, if you search HTC's website, there is no mention of the Rezound anywhere anymore. I am sure it is out there elsewhere, but that is the drivers you need, you can also just install HTC Sync for Rezound then uninstall it, it doesn't remove the drivers.

EDIT: Nevermind that, I was on the Global Site and not the US site, found it here: https://support.htc.com/index.php?title=en-us/HTC_Rezound_Verizon_Wireless/News_&_Downloads

Last edited:
OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
Hmmm... I was going to link you to the HTC Sync for Rezound drivers on HTC's website, but I can't find them... in fact, if you search HTC's website, there is no mention of the Rezound anywhere anymore. I am sure it is out there elsewhere, but that is the drivers you need, you can also just install HTC Sync for Rezound then uninstall it, it doesn't remove the drivers.

EDIT: Nevermind that, I was on the Global Site and not the US site, found it here: https://support.htc.com/index.php?title=en-us/HTC_Rezound_Verizon_Wireless/News_%26_Downloads

Driver 4.0.1.001 keeps failing to install.

OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
HOLY COW!!!!!! I finally did it! I had to download the old HTC Sync software to get the drivers to work, but I finally got it to work. Can't thank you enough guys! You are all awesome for helping me the way you did. I flashed the OTA_Global_Superstock ROM as forementioned in this thread and it works great. What are some of the benefits I will get from it? I haven't found to many differences from stock? Thanks again!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys I keep forgetting that. I do have the drivers linked in my guide(stored on my site so I know they're not going anywhere)

OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
Before I try it, this wifi tether app on this ROM, it works like a wifi hotspot without paying the extra 30 bucks a month, right?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Before I try it, this wifi tether app on this ROM, it works like a wifi hotspot without paying the extra 30 bucks a month, right?

Yes, you just need to use the Rezound specific settings which I believe are Profile: Galaxy Nexus (CDMA), Setup Type: NetD Master, check reload wifi driver and routing fix. Again, that's only if I remember properly. Also, if you're not on an unlimited data plan tether is free you just have to have it added to your account.

OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
Yes, you just need to use the Rezound specific settings which I believe are Profile: Galaxy Nexus (CDMA), Setup Type: NetD Master, check reload wifi driver and routing fix. Again, that's only if I remember properly. Also, if you're not on an unlimited data plan tether is free you just have to have it added to your account.

Ok. I am unlimited. Where might I be able to double check the settings?

OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
Ok, I changed the settings and added encryption with a password. My pc recognizes it and connects but pages won't load. Any ideas?