need help with my ringtones

violent bandit

Reaction score
im having trouble using my own ringtones for when i receive a text message..... it gives me the option to use one of the stock droid sounds but when i add my own it wont give me a option to use it.... does anybody know how to change that?

warrior21

Reaction score
Do you have rings extended? If not download it from the market. It allows you to choose any audio notifications you have on the sd card and set them

Last edited:
OP
V

violent bandit

Reaction score
sorry im new to my droid i only had it for 2 days now so i dont know if i do or dont have rings extended im really new to all this smart phone stuff.

warrior21

Reaction score
We were all there at one point. If you go to the market and download rings extended it should solve your issue. When you click on notifications for sms it asks you where you want to get the tones from. Instead of choosing android system you can click on rings extended and it should recognize all of the ringtones you have, not just the stock ones

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
V

violent bandit

Reaction score
yeah i got it working.... it makes it so easy to pick a ringtone... thank you again

warrior21

Reaction score
There is also an app you can download call ringdroid. It lets you make a ringtone out of any song you have on your droid. Once you are done it saves it as a ringtone and you can use it for any application. Great app if you are into ringtones

OP
V

violent bandit

Reaction score
ill check it out.... but i usually get my ringtones from phonezoo.com because its free

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't need an app if you place them in a folder named Notifications on your SD card. Place ringtones in a folder named Ringtones. Place alarms in a folder called Alarms.