Need help with droid restore + rom!

zebrainez

Reaction score
Hey, I need help with my droid, it used to have a bugless beast rom for unofficial 2.1, I forgot the version but it was one from like january, and I haven't used my droid since then but I did a wipe data/factory reset and now it reboots after motorola logo, when it's plugged on the wall.

When it's connected to the computer it doesn't turn on or do anything. It's been plugged in on the wall for about 2 hours now and it's still working or doing anything, I don't know what to do now because all I see are rom threads but no instructions on anything, especially instructions for updating from the rom I'm at now!

This is why I left the droid in the first place, it's so damn confusing...

Just please, help me here, I don't know what to do, something seems really wrong and nothings working, I have sprecovery but I don't know what to do or how to install the new bugless beast rom without all these new thingamabobs and doohickeys it needs, things I can't seem to install now that my phone seems to not have an OS + won't charge ****ing normally!

I'm just pissed right now sorry, it's just a stack of bs.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So what's your question? You want to know why your Droid isn't turning on when plugged into the computer? Your post is quite confusing = \

OP
Z

zebrainez

Reaction score
So what's your question? You want to know why your Droid isn't turning on when plugged into the computer? Your post is quite confusing = \

Yeah, and if there is a solution I want it. I'm confused right now... So I'm just throwing a bunch of symptoms hoping for someone to tell me what's wrong, and a solution if there is one, hopefully...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey, I need help with my droid, it used to have a bugless beast rom for unofficial 2.1, I forgot the version but it was one from like january, and I haven't used my droid since then but I did a wipe data/factory reset and now it reboots after motorola logo, when it's plugged on the wall.

Did you restore after the wipe? If so, do you recall what ?

When it's connected to the computer it doesn't turn on or do anything. It's been plugged in on the wall for about 2 hours now and it's still working or doing anything, I don't know what to do now because all I see are rom threads but no instructions on anything, especially instructions for updating from the rom I'm at now!

If you did not restore after the wipe then try restoring the last backup you made. That will get your phone operational.

Just please, help me here, I don't know what to do, something seems really wrong and nothings working, I have sprecovery

Boot into recovery and restore.

but I don't know what to do or how to install the new bugless beast rom without all these new thingamabobs and doohickeys it needs, things I can't seem to install now that my phone seems to not have an OS + won't charge ****ing normally!

Try a restore and let me know if your are successful. If you have additional questions or support repost.

Mike

OP
Z

zebrainez

Reaction score

Did you restore after the wipe? If so, do you recall what ?

If you did not restore after the wipe then try restoring the last backup you made. That will get your phone operational.

Just please, help me here, I don't know what to do, something seems really wrong and nothings working, I have sprecovery

Boot into recovery and restore.

but I don't know what to do or how to install the new bugless beast rom without all these new thingamabobs and doohickeys it needs, things I can't seem to install now that my phone seems to not have an OS + won't charge ****ing normally!

Try a restore and let me know if your are successful. If you have additional questions or support repost.

Mike

I don't have any backups :( isn't your phone supposed to reset everything on it's own when I do wipe data/factory reset...? I can boot into sprecovery when it's on the wall, but I can't take it off the wall or it turns off.

OP
Z

zebrainez

Reaction score
It appears that you have a bad battery. Since you rooted your phone I suggest that you remove the battery and take it to VZW and ask them to test and if necessary replace.

When you get back change and then go here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

Mike

My battery was working fine before... it only happened after I did the wipe...

I can't do anything with verizon and stuff because my mom did something with my verizon bag which had my receipts and stuff in it after I told her not to, so I'm only stuck with just the Droid, I'm using a friends charger.

The battery actually was able to stay in sprecovery for a few seconds about an hour after I took it off the wall, then turned off.

Verizon hates me anyways, they won't service me at all. I just want a phone that just works out of the box without having to go through all this crap.

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you could keep power you could download a rom and flash. I'm not sure how to advise. I'm trying to get another member of the squad to look at your post.

Mike

OP
Z

zebrainez

Reaction score
If you could keep power you could download a rom and flash. I'm not sure how to advise. I'm trying to get another member of the squad to look at your post.

Mike

Flash it with what? All these modern roms have all these weird guidelines and I don't know how to safely work it with my Droid... :(

I downloaded bugless beast 0.2.1 the froyo version and I want to use this rom, does anyone know how to install this in my condition?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If it boots into SPRecovery then you can flash a rom. You may want to go back to stock first or can try any rom you'd like.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/49954-more-froyo.html is the lastest vanilla froyo rom with a rom for both sprecovery and rom manager. For sprecovery just drop the contents of the zip into your nandroid folder and restore.

If your phone wont stay charged then it either has a battery issue or thinks it does. You can use RSD Lite to also go back to a stock rom. Within the 3rd link of my sig, in the first post, are instructions on how to use SPRecovery to get back to stock as well as to use RSD Lite to get back to stock.

If your friend has a droid you might want to try his battery too, just to see what happens. The white LED should be on, on your phone where the charger cable plugs into the phone.

OP
Z

zebrainez

Reaction score
If it boots into SPRecovery then you can flash a rom. You may want to go back to stock first or can try any rom you'd like.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/49954-more-froyo.html is the lastest vanilla froyo rom with a rom for both sprecovery and rom manager. For sprecovery just drop the contents of the zip into your nandroid folder and restore.

If your phone wont stay charged then it either has a battery issue or thinks it does. You can use RSD Lite to also go back to a stock rom. Within the 3rd link of my sig, in the first post, are instructions on how to use SPRecovery to get back to stock as well as to use RSD Lite to get back to stock.

If your friend has a droid you might want to try his battery too, just to see what happens. The white LED should be on, on your phone where the charger cable plugs into the phone.

He don't got a droid, and what is rsd lite? I can't do any of those things without actually having an OS to boot from + a phone that could boot in the first place :(

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

He don't got a droid, and what is rsd lite? I can't do any of those things without actually having an OS to boot from + a phone that could boot in the first place :(

3rd link in my signature, read through that thread. You don't need to boot up the phone to use RSD Lite.

OP
Z

zebrainez

Reaction score

3rd link in my signature, read through that thread. You don't need to boot up the phone to use RSD Lite.

Actually I do, I'm pretty sure I can't do anything with it without having it connected to the computer, and if the phone isn't booting up how would that even be possible?

When connected to the computer, the white led turns on but the phone just stays off and doesn't turn on, but when on the wall it goes in a boot loop but I still have access to sprecovery, I just can't do it while it's connected to the computer, which means whatever solution you have isn't going to work as it has nothing to do with this problem.

OP
Z

zebrainez

Reaction score
Someone please help...it was charging for 6 hours and I took it off the charger, was still in a boot loop, I pulled the charger off and it shut down immediately, it was also very hot too, I tried doing a battery pull but no luck it just isn't charging so I could take it off the wall plug and at least try to flash a rom, jesus ****ing christ!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you read the link that I included in the 6th post of this thread and that Christim brought to you attention in the 12th post?

box option 04: Install a plain vanilla rooted version of your stock 2.1 phone.
box option 05: You are rooted and/or have installed SPRecovery and want to return to stock using RSD Lite
box option 06: Alternative method to get back to root. RSD Lite not needed. Neither 05 or 06 method is better than the other.

If your future post include swearing, I will not respond!

Mike