need help updating my OS on an original Droid

OP
M

mtpeke

Reaction score
ok, I hit the camera and vol up.<br><br>I wipe both the data and the cache partition...right...do both (any order?)

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
No order really, and yes both. Actually if you wanna look around in the other options there should also be something to wipe system too, which isn't entirely needed but its a good idea. You might as well look around for it because an option to wipe dalvik cache will be there too which you'll want to know later on (can sometimes improve performance after having a rom running for awhile)

supercharged modified liquid 3.0
3g turbocharger
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz
19.8 linpack high score
1843 quadrant high score

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
No order really, and yes both. Actually if you wanna look around in the other options there should also be something to wipe system too, which isn't entirely needed but its a good idea. You might as well look around for it because an option to wipe dalvik cache will be there too which you'll want to know later on (can sometimes improve performance after having a rom running for awhile)

^^^That's a good idea.

OP
M

mtpeke

Reaction score
Just got back from meeting.... OK I wipped it...rebooted and now phone will not turn on ...at all...oh no :(

OP
M

mtpeke

Reaction score
the battery was full, I left the phone on when I went to the meeting but it is and has always been plugged into my computer so it should have been fine.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try holding power and up on the keyboard...usually if nothing else works this will...unfortunately you can't do anything there without a computer and rsd lite...if the bootloader loads up then we can all talk you through using rsd lite and sbfing your phone back to usability

supercharged modified liquid 3.0
3g turbocharger
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz
19.8 linpack high score
1843 quadrant high score

OP
M

mtpeke

Reaction score
nope, I got nothing. OK, I give... I know just enough to blow this phone up... I very much appreciate the massive amounts of help from everyone! I will run and get a new phone tomorrow and see if I can find someone locally who might be able to raise the dead.

OK, what phone do I need: Bionic? Most needs are related to personal and work emails (I have 6 accounts) some are yahoo, gmail and one is through my own website. I also want to be able to wirelessly tether when I travel. That way my ipad and laptop is of use. I considered the iphone, never had one, but I have been told by a few IT folks to go droid. Any opinions welcome. I will probably head to town to get a new phone mid morning. Thank You everyone !

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still wonder if it might not be the battery, so I'd try a fully-charged one before giving up if you can.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's just that reflashing and all that mess wears down the battery rather quickly. If the battery won't charge there's still a way to power on the phone with just the charger so all is not lost.