FRG22D, Wireless Tether and Easyroot issue

Reaction score
Okay, I did the update for the FRG22D while I was rooted. I had used Easyroot to root after my initial update to FRG01B. Now my Wireless Tether won't work. I went into Easyroot to unroot but every time I try it initially tells me that unroot is completed and I need to reboot but before I can reboot it comes up and says I am already rooted. Anyone else having issues with Wireless Tether or Easyroot since the FRG22D?

Any solutions?

ndoren

Reaction score
Apparently, the FRG22D update breaks root. Easy root isn't yet configured to deal with properly rooting (or unrooting) FRG22D. Thus, your root is broken and unfixable via your previous rooting method. Unless you want to go through some complicated, lengthy procedure for manually fixing the rooting issue, you're stuck with what you have (broken root) until the unstable apps guy (easy root) or one of the competitors comes up with a fix. Until then, you can't easily go back or forward. Neall

UNC

Reaction score
Use rsdlite to flash 2.1, restore your root, and start over.

Make sure to make backups, and don't go flashing stuff you aren't sure about, always ask here first.

bpost34

Reaction score
Okay, I did the update for the FRG22D while I was rooted. I had used Easyroot to root after my initial update to FRG01B. Now my Wireless Tether won't work. I went into Easyroot to unroot but every time I try it initially tells me that unroot is completed and I need to reboot but before I can reboot it comes up and says I am already rooted. Anyone else having issues with Wireless Tether or Easyroot since the FRG22D?

Any solutions?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...droid-1-regardless-os-version.html#post766732

I just followed that guide to the T and it worked flawlessly.