Need Help Motorola Droid A855 has no sound

jen2902001

Reaction score
Motorola Droid A855 I bought it used so can't take it to verizon. I get no sound out of it when it rings, when i call someone i can hear them but they can't hear me if I use speaker they can hear me but I can't hear them. Is the phone just screwed or is it fixable? it also doesn't vibrate and I can't get any of the buttons to work, i activated the phone myself so maybe i did something wrong?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a hardware problem to be honest. Can you play music over the speaker?

Or try recording a short video and see if you get audio on the playback? That might tell you if your mic is broken.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I agree with what guidot posted, it sounds like a hardware issue. Let us know what happens after you try his suggestions.

OP
J

jen2902001

Reaction score
I have tried playing music and a video and still no sound, my buttons aren't even working and it is starting to lag a little and wont close apps then it pops up to force close it. I can connect my bluetooth to it and that works though.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well if you get sound from bluetooth then it is most likely a hardware issue.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

dmwoods

Reaction score
Motorola Droid A855 I bought it used so can't take it to verizon. I get no sound out of it when it rings, when i call someone i can hear them but they can't hear me if I use speaker they can hear me but I can't hear them. Is the phone just screwed or is it fixable? it also doesn't vibrate and I can't get any of the buttons to work, i activated the phone myself so maybe i did something wrong?

A lot of Android phones are having this issue. Try this app and see if it works. The Pro version lets you route sound during phone calls too!

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix