No sound during calls

RoboRam12

Reaction score
I did a quick search and couldn't find anything like this, but if there is something just post a link and don't hate on me, I'm at work and kind of rushing.

This started today, whenever I recieve and incoming call, I get no sound coming from the ear speaker. The caller on the other end can hear me, and I can hear them if I turn the speaker phone on, but I can't hear anything with the speaker phone off. I was able to recieve calls perfectly fine yesterday, so it is something that started today.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated, and if I need to take it to the Verizon store I need to do it first thing tomorrow since I'm going to be away the next 3 days, so while I don't want to rush anyone, a quick responce would be great.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did a quick search and couldn't find anything like this, but if there is something just post a link and don't hate on me, I'm at work and kind of rushing.

This started today, whenever I recieve and incoming call, I get no sound coming from the ear speaker. The caller on the other end can hear me, and I can hear them if I turn the speaker phone on, but I can't hear anything with the speaker phone off. I was able to recieve calls perfectly fine yesterday, so it is something that started today.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated, and if I need to take it to the Verizon store I need to do it first thing tomorrow since I'm going to be away the next 3 days, so while I don't want to rush anyone, a quick responce would be great.

Sounds like your stuck in headset mode. Do you use head sets?

I'm not sure if this will work but if you do wear headsets try putting the Jack in and pulling it out. See if you can unstick it.

OP
R

RoboRam12

Reaction score

I'm not sure if this will work but if you do wear headsets try putting the Jack in and pulling it out. See if you can unstick it.

I do use headphones, and I will give that a try and update whether it works or not later, I don't have anything with me right now. Thanks for the quick response.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

^What Hook said, and it that doesn't work, try a simple reboot of the Droid - that generally works wonders.

Reaction score
No sound at all or it sounds like when people are yelling they are whispering in the mic? Mine started doing such in dec and ive read about it happening to a few others. If so get it replaced.

OP
R

RoboRam12

Reaction score
No sound at all or it sounds like when people are yelling they are whispering in the mic? Mine started doing such in dec and ive read about it happening to a few others. If so get it replaced.

No sound at all from the ear speaker, not even white noise. Restarting the phone fixed it though, for now.

Reaction score
Yeah 9 times out of 10 a simple soft(power button off) or a hard(battery pull) reboot will fix a lot of problems, I found that out selling cell phones for 2 years lol

jasper

Reaction score
no sound

Ok, I just started having this problem today. I made received a call earlier today and the phone worked fine. I also listened to a voicemail just fine. Now all of a sudden I cannot hear when I get or place a call, and they cannot hear me. Works fine in speaker mode and with the headset.

I have tried plugging in headset several times, works fine, does not reset when I remove the headset. I have restarted the phone twice and I have pulled the battery twice. Any other suggestions?

thanks,
jasper

ps I have also tried a "soft" reset (ctrl+alt+del) but it didn't make any difference. I am reluctant to try a hard reset for fear of losing my data for nothing.

Last edited:

substandard_genius

Reaction score
No Audio On Phone Calls

Jasper, my wife and I just started having the same problems with our Droids. I spent a while tinkering with settings, rebooting the phones, and even pulling the batteries.

As a last resort, I decided to dial *228 and program the phones (option 1).
This fixed it for some reason.

Hope this helps.

- Ray

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
No I get it occassionally. Hasn't happened enough for me to complain to Vetizon about it. But after a restart it fixes it, for me. But its annoying. Don't have a fix for you.
c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

My351

Reaction score
I had that problem happen on my dx. I use head phones on mine a lot, especially while mowing lawns and such. I found I had piled up dust and junk in the headphone port that over time made the phone think that headphones were always plugged in. Same scenario, where it worked fine up until one random point where it didn't any more. Cleaned out the port with a q-tip with most of the cotton ripped off, no more problem. Now I check regularly, and clean it when I can't see the bottom of the hole any more. Haven't had the problem again.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dmwoods

Reaction score
I've head about the headphone jack being clogged on some phones. This issue has also been occurring on new phone, like mine where the jack is not clogged.