Sound Problem

draginsla1013

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a used Droid A855, that I recently got (used). The only issue is that it seems that my audio doesn't work for media. It is unactivated at the moment but i assumed that would not affect this. I have tried numerous apps with sound and I got nothing. I also tried a few YouTube videos but this did not work either. When it comes to games all it does is vibrates, and YouTube there is no sound at all. When making a call I have to put it on speaker or else I can not hear any of it. My phone is set to never vibrate and I have the sound all the way turned up. I really need your help, Thank you.

-Draginsla1013

OP
D

draginsla1013

Reaction score
[solved]

The previous owner broke off a small piece of their headphone jack in there, leaving it in headphone mode. Now I have to find out how to get it out.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Go to youtube and look up droid A855 disassembly. Follow it step by step and you can get the plug out. You could in theory replace the plug if you can't get the piece out. A little tip about taking the phone apart: you will need a really good set of micro screw drivers, and a pie pan to keep your screws grouped together. The phone is fairly easy to take apart, I did it to two of them. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2

OP
D

draginsla1013

Reaction score
Go to youtube and look up droid A855 disassembly. Follow it step by step and you can get the plug out. You could in theory replace the plug if you can't get the piece out. A little tip about taking the phone apart: you will need a really good set of micro screw drivers, and a pie pan to keep your screws grouped together. The phone is fairly easy to take apart, I did it to two of them. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2

Thanks, Droid Firefighter
I just did a replacement of the part, and everything is now working great! dancedroid