Need help guys and gals ...

killajack420

Reaction score
Allright so i just got my droid x and im having some problems. MY APS WONT STAY DEAD! i have advanced task killer and whn i kill the apps they just come back! For example, amazon mp3, blockbuster, maps, music, files, alarm& timer, car dock, socal networking, DLNA, and skype mobile. Most of these i have never even opened. I went into phone settings and" force stop"ed all of theM but thy keep coming back. Please help =[

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Remove ATK then forget about "running" apps. Android handles them fine. ATK will cause you more trouble than its worth.

Sent from somewhere...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Get rid of task killer....let the OS do it's job.

Killing apps is counterproductive in Android.

erict

Reaction score
First off, get rid of the advance task killer as it does more harm then good as task killers are not needed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
K

killajack420

Reaction score
But when i go into the phone settings i have these All running and i know its gona fu** my battery life up. There is no way to stop aps from starting on their own? ??

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Chill man. That is how Android works. Things like widgets, update intervals, etc will take up RAM. And any RAM leftover Android will fill with apps to improve speed. Apps in RAM don't use your battery, its Apps using your cpu that use the battery. Checking you battery usage in the phone settings every now and then will tell you if an app is draining your battery more than it should. Forget the task manager, uninstall it, it is slowing down your phone and also using your battery because you are making Android work harder by closing apps it wants open.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
But when i go into the phone settings i have these All running and i know its gona fu** my battery life up. There is no way to stop aps from starting on their own? ??

What you think you know is incorrect. Your battery will be fine.
This is not PalmOS, WinMo or BB....

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Many of those can be stopped by turning sync off for things you aren't using. Check running services and stop things there. If you turn gps off maps won't run. My wifes got a DX and she doesn't even do any of that and I checked her running services and wow full of stuff. With all that still decent battery. Don't worry about it.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
K

killajack420

Reaction score
1 more thing... my "gpstoggle $updateservice" is on should i stop thT? Its under "Running services"

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You can if you want GPS off anyways.

Sent from somewhere...

BodyBagz

Reaction score
1 more thing... my "gpstoggle $updateservice" is on should i stop thT? Its under "Running services"
What part of "you dont need to do anything, Android does it all on its own" are you not understanding?:unsure:

If you look in the Running Processes, you are gonna see a lot of things "running"...just leave them alone...Android will "kill" whatever it needs to in order to keep the phone running smoothly.

If you want to save battery, just take a look at some of the threads on DF that deal with battery saving measures...there are a few things you can do....check them out...dancedroid

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Alright i get it now lmao
Sorry...I just reread what I posted last...and it didnt come out quite the way it sounded in my head...was not trying to sound like an @$$...my apologies.:)

Let your phone do what it is designed to do...until it doesnt do what it is designed to do...hopefully you got a device as good as the one I have. 0 issues to complain about so far...and hope to keep it that way...

Feel free to come in and ask any questions ya might have...someone here is sure to be able to answer them...dancedroid

OP
K

killajack420

Reaction score
I wasnt offended lol alright man thanks. Can i add you as a friend on this?