Apps safe to freeze

brockeverly

Reaction score
Just starting this out with some of the basics, let me know of any others you guys have frozen without issue and I will add them to the list. If any of these are not on there stock, please let me know (it seems Ti brought back a few things from my X1 I didn't want it to).

Amazon Kindle
Amazon MP3
Backup Assistant
Backup Assistant Client
Blockbuster
City ID
DLNA
DLNA system service
Lets Golf
NFS Shift
Madden
Slacker
Swype
Sync Service
VCAST Apps
VCAST Music
VCAST Videos
VZ Navigator

Last edited:
OP
B

brockeverly

Reaction score
This subject has come up a number of times:

site:droidforums.net Apps safe to freeze - Google Search

I'm not trying to discourage you from doing a beneficial project. I don't know if any of these threads already have a comprehensive list, but there's a lot of information there.

I know that it has, however, I would think that there could be some differences so I put up what is frozen in 2.2.2.

A little funny thing though, your google search came up with this thread as the second link.....

xgrinder911

Reaction score
BECAREFUL WHILE FREEZING if something starts not working properly after you freeze certain apps that's prolly the reason, some apps are unlogically linked to other apps

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

xgrinder911

Reaction score
And also you can freeze MyVerizon, just cause you get a force close loop doesnt mean your phone is messed up just reboot

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Elkay

Reaction score
Can one of you please post the NFS apk from the Droid X2? The phone let me uninstall it and I did so because I had the market purchased version, however that version does not work on the phone and now I don't have the stock apk anymore. I'm also a little concerned it might cause problems when we start getting updates if I don't have the stock app in place. Thanks!

OP
B

brockeverly

Reaction score
Can one of you please post the NFS apk from the Droid X2? The phone let me uninstall it and I did so because I had the market purchased version, however that version does not work on the phone and now I don't have the stock apk anymore. I'm also a little concerned it might cause problems when we start getting updates if I don't have the stock app in place. Thanks!

Sorry I missed this. Everything should be located in the following thread:

X2 System/App for anyone that needs it

Elkay

Reaction score

Sorry I missed this. Everything should be located in the following thread:

X2 System/App for anyone that needs it

Thanks, that's the system directory, though. The games this time around are installed to /data/app instead of /system/app. NFS Shift alone is 100mb. Someone did post the game for me finally and it worked. Thanks!

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

richnewman

Reaction score
Here's a link to a post on everything I froze, probably more than others but meh, it's what I did.

Major Issues with my X2 - Page 3 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I froze all the stuff you said you froze (and on this thread).. my texting thing open ups and closes.. any ideas?

Unfreeze messages or use a third party texting app.

Figured it out (froze/unfroze one at a time >.> ) - it was Email Engine 2.2.2

I like the Droid's texting app :p.