Need Help Fast...Sorry

Reaction score
Hey Sorry I know I am new and should introduce myself first and I promise I will when I get through this.

I have an original droid. Its Rooted with a ROM. I had everything fine until I tried a Font Changer app and my phone restarted and got stuck at the M logo.

I am in System Recovery. The phone hasn't been used in a while and my father wanted a smartphone so I gave him this one and while trying to make the font bigger I ruined everything we set up for him :(

I Factory reset and nothing. I am now in the recovery waiting my next move. I just want to get back into the home screen. I know I am going to have to redo everything because I didnt make a back up but I need to get past this darn M logo.

Please help. Its late, Im exhausted and dying to go to bed.

OP
DigitalDroid57
Reaction score
I Also have no idea what ROM this thing is running because it has been forever since I even looked at it. and the recovery says

Android System Recovery <2e>
Patched by SirPsychoS (0.99.3b)

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
you can try getting into recovery and factory reset...best bet is going to be restore backup or SBF.

OP
DigitalDroid57
Reaction score
Don't have a backup and have already factory reset twice. Nothing. Still keeps getting stuck at M logo

Droid592

Reaction score
Just start over and flash a original recovery with RSD Lite

Sent from my Unlocked & Rooted Galaxy Nexus

OP
DigitalDroid57
Reaction score
Everytime I try to flash a new Rom it says E: no tar archives found?

Droid592

Reaction score
You've never used RSD lite?? Basically it will take you all the way to stock like you just pulled the phone out of the box you flash a sbf file with RSD. Once that's done you start the root process all over and then once you rooted install a rom.

OP
DigitalDroid57
Reaction score
Why would I unroot and go through all of that all over again... There's no other way to get pass the M logo without unrooting, reinstalling a recovery and trying a new ROM?

Droid592

Reaction score
When you boot into system recovery is it the one the phone came with or something like clockworkmod recovery?

OP
DigitalDroid57
Reaction score
Like clockwork mod . I think I'm running an old version of project elite on this phone

SPrecovery I think

OP
DigitalDroid57
Reaction score
Yeah its SPrecovery
aefc1511-2959-2bee.jpg

Droid592

Reaction score
Wipe all cache data and davlik if possible then re flash rom

OP
DigitalDroid57
Reaction score
Tried that Everytime I try to flash a new Rom it says E: no tar archives found

What's that mean? Do I need to update SPrecovery or something. I put the new Project Elite ROM on the root of my SD card and renamed it to update.zip and went into recovery wiped data and cache and then it tells me that....

What's it mean