I think I bricked my phone help please!!

blutc

Reaction score
so I finally figured out how to change the roms n i had ultimate droid installed n it worked fine a lil slow but fine... then i wanted to try the smoked glass n installed it n rebooted everything went fine but the phone only gets past the M logo then the ud ultimate droid logo repeatedly rolls on n off :( someone please tell me i can fix it!! thank u for anyones help sorry im a noob n dont kno alot i promise to leave it alone if it gets fixed

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Try posting in the Rescue Squad section.. I had a similar problem and they fixed me right up :)

warrior21

Reaction score
Boot back into recovery and flash a previous Rom

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

warrior21

Reaction score
Make sure you wipe data when switching roms too. And ALWAYS make a backup :)
I hope he made a backup

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You're not bricked...just in a boot loop. Like the others said try booting into recovery then wipe data and cache then reflash the ROM that should fix the problem.

And yes ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP

OP
B

blutc

Reaction score
am i screwed if i didnt make a back up?? n how do i boot in recovery wen i cant get past the boot loop?? thanks for all ur help

kristoff125

Reaction score
Hold X while you turn on your phone, goes into SPRecovery, if you have that installed, then install a previous rom.
Not quite sure the options in the menu, but one says backup or restore or something of that sort, pick a previous rom, if not there's another way to reboot to stock, have to look it up for ya real quick.

There's a post that explains how verizon fixes your phone for you.

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/47349-now-you-can-live-without-fear-bricking.html

Don't mess it up or it might completely brick, however I've done it several times and it's pretty much impossible to mess up unless while the process is running you pick up your phone, throw it against a wall and then smash your computer with a sledgehammer, or something like that.

Last edited:
OP
B

blutc

Reaction score
ok thanks i got it into clockwork recovery it said reboot system now apply sdcard.update .zip wipe data/factory reset wipe cache partition install zip from sdcard nandroid wat do i do next im sorry for bothering everyone but i appreciate all the help

OP
B

blutc

Reaction score
i did nandroid nothing found omg i cant fix this where can i download roms to put on sd card n mount it to the computer?? thanks again