Just when I thought I had it all figured out Droid 2 Global is STUCK in bootloader

Reaction score
So I just upgraded from my original D1 to a D2G that my friend let me borrow today. I've looked ALL OVER THE PLACE for info on how to fix this, but nowhere I can find seems to help me. I'll name the steps I Went through to get where I'm at now: 1) I installed the z4root application and obtained superuser permissions
2) I installed the Droid 2 bootstrap from koush's website
3) I installed ROM Manager and flashed clockworkmod recovery.
4) Forgetting it was a Global, I put the liberty ROM .zip on my sd card and booted into recovery to attempt to flash it.
5) Clockworkmod read "operation aborted". Naturally, I had already wiped my data and cache at this point. I knew that it would be useless to try to boot up normally again. 7) I installed the Droid 2 Global sbf file from this site: Droid 2 Global SBF File (2.4.29) Full and RSDLite and I installed the Motorola Drivers using a motorola program called "Motorola Driver Installer" ---I personally feel that my problem is with drivers. I'm on a 64 bit computer, but whenever RSD lite is nearly finished with the last step of flashing the sbf, a little popup appears at the bottom of my screen saying "installing device driver software"
8) IN RSD lite, I click run, and it nearly completes. It gets through "Creating image file", but reads an error message once it gets near the end of the last step. And I have used RSD lite with my original Droid before.
9)It now says "SW update In progress..." on my phone screen. It's said this the past 3 times I tried to do this, where in RSD lite it says "Interface AP-OS: Flashing Code Group 39"
10) It failed again. And like always, it reads "Code corrupt" right above "battery OK" If the code is corrupt, am I bricked??? I cannot get out of the bootloader, there's no way to go into recovery or just turn the phone off.
I am such an IDIOT because even after a year of rooting, I forgot to make a nandroid backup before trying to install the Liberty ROM. Yes, I am a fool. Not that it matters, because I still can't in to recovery.
I know you guys are fantastic at what you do, so toss this guy a lifeline please.
I really need it.

Also, this is the information that appears in RSD lite about the D2G: EMEI/ESN: N / A Technology: N / A Software Version: N / A Flex Version: N / A Boot Version: N / A shouldn't it say something at least? granted, this is in the middle of flashing. DRM Version: N / A

Last edited:
OP
Sparkinthedark
Reaction score
"Switching device to BP Pass through" is when "iinstalling device driver software appears" it then says "Motorola Flash something" ready to use. But by that point, RSD lite reads "failed flashing process. Interface error checking the RAM...."

juv3

Reaction score
reoot the phone pressing power and X to enter recovery and when you see the android with the ! press the search key on the physical keyboard and the volume up or (down) can't remember which but it should open the stock recovery... do a data factory wipe and when finished turn it off by removing battery, try flashing again after this steps it should work

Sent from Droid2 Global GB.607 Using Tapatalk

OP
Sparkinthedark
Reaction score
To be honest with you, I can't boot into recovery. No matter what I do (I left the battery out over night), every time I press the power button it goes straight back into the bootloader. I've tried holding/pressing x countless times.
No recovery :/

juv3

Reaction score
To be honest with you, I can't boot into recovery. No matter what I do (I left the battery out over night), every time I press the power button it goes straight back into the bootloader. I've tried holding/pressing x countless times.
No recovery :/
It seems your boot loader has locked you out... ur only chance now is to sbf from Ubuntu

Sent from Droid2 Global GB.607 Using Tapatalk

Last edited:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What SBF are you trying to flash? What RSD version do you have? Have you correctly installed the Motorola drivers?

davbr1965

Reaction score
Hiya Folks new to the sceen i am. I have to really applaud everyone that posts on these forums,and especially the ones with the know how. I recently decided to try out a few things,apps,mods,rooting,permissions changing on apps,and in the process I thought I "Hard" Bricked my phone (Droid 2 Global).At first i had both the factory bootloader and the dos,but after 2 attempts with SBF,i was down to just the dos, and then the added error message on dos.With several days o research,on the net and,mainly thru forums,my phone lives again!THANK YOU ALL! p.s. it took several trys on sbf (windows OS) i set the options on the rsdlite with the die id at 2 and 2 the loging on forced push ,first come,and all 3 options on Flash/Flex,after i came to the conclusion it was hard bricked.I even unpluged the usb cable a few times at the end(due to the driver swap and pc not recognizing the phone on the last part),and held power+X .not sure what made it go thru after 8-10 trys,but it worked the first time i changed the settings.First attempts i left die id at 0 0, had loging and force flush on,and 1 of the flashing options..I was getting the 99% then fail,even had and error code on the black bootloader scren.Just thought i would toss that out there.:icon_eek: