Need help badly. Ive tried everything to fix this!

bill0405

Reaction score
Heres the problem I had, and what ive done to try and fix it. I received an incremental update on my droid x, and when I clicked install, it rebooted, attempted to install the file, and rebooted. from then on...the phone would not load past the motorola logo. After searching the web awhile, there were people that said try resetting the data and wiping the cache, which didnt fix the issue. I then came across the sbf that was leaked a few weeks ago to restore the droid x back to its 2.1 default mode. When attempting to flash that file (I DID have the rsd lite with 4.7 and i did replace the pst_flash.ini file located within the zip). When flashing the VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01.sbf, after the 100% point of building the file (first progress bar of flashing process) I get the error "Failed flashing process. Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (0x703B); phone connected." After learning of the 2.2 froyo update.zip that was released, I attempted to install that as well. When I run the update.zip, I get an error that says..

-- Install from sd card...
.Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

I get the error about 1/3 of the way through the file being read. After all of these attempts, it seems like it is hopeless to fix this phone. Please Help!!!!

Edit: I'm doing this with a win7 64 bit computer, but ive also tried with a winxp 32 bit computer and get all of the same errors

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't read about the droid x and rsd lite but when i used to flash my d1 it would always say error and failed but it still worked....

and yeah the 2.2 is failing cause you are trying to install it through the stock bootloader so its failing cause its not the authorized file. You have to read how to flash koush's custom recovery to the phone

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try booting into recovery and wiping data/cache first?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also, if you look at Abe's signature, the 3rd link has instructions for rooting a droid 1 phone. Within there are steps to get a "PASS" when using RSD Lite. I imagine the sequence involved will work with your phone too, just use your sbf file, not the Droid 1 ones.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Was the "incremental update" ota from verizon? I wasn't aware of any, or are you rooted and received an update to a custom rom?

If verizon's update broke your phone, I'd not monkey with it and would speak with them about replacing it.

If it was an update to a rom, follow the above advice, but since you posted in stock help (yeah, I just remembered that), I'd say have verizon fix you up rather than risking making your issue worse.

Just my thoughts...

Emitted from X.