Need an email recommendation

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I've been using MailDroid Pro for a long long time with absolutely no problems on my GS 8+ until a couple of weeks ago at which point it's gone really bad...like milk left outside the fridge.

First, it will no longer open PDF attachments to emails (this is a damned disaster for me as all of the attachments to business emails are all PDFs.
when I click on the PDF attachment paper clip, an error message comes up that says "Error: [AUTHENTICATION..."

Of what??? Anyone know? Yes I have Acrobat installed and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. No joy. Last night I got the 8.0 up grade. Some things really do work better and seemingly faster, but this email thing, won't cut it.

Second, it won't download the latest emails. The last date on both email accounts are weeks ago. I've written to the devs in the hopes there's a fix because I've been using this app with no problem for a long long time and now, all of a sudden, it turns to &#*$&^

In the mean time, can anyone recommend something reliable, simple GUI, able to manage (funny, I type mangle) more than one email account? Thanks in advance. I'll post if I hear anything useful from the devs and I"ve left this comment on the play store page.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think Blue Mail changed the app name to Type Mail a while back, but it's still the same basic app by the same Dev group. I have used it on several phones and currently on my tablet to sync my Hotmail and Yahoo accounts. It works really well, receives app updates all the time from the dev team and has a lot of use customization option.

Edit: I stand corrected, it looks.like Blue Mail and Type Mail are their own separate apps now. I wonder if the team / company split in two? In either case Blue Mail or Type Mail should give you a decent product with all the options you need.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Just out of pure curiosity why not the stock Samsung email app..? I actually started using it when I got my Note 7 and now the 8.... I'm pretty impressed with it....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Just out of pure curiosity why not the stock Samsung email app..? I actually started using it when I got my Note 7 and now the 8.... I'm pretty impressed with it....

you are right, there is nothing wrong with it. I have used it in the past.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I use Aquamail and think it's really good. Has a unified inbox that you can filter for unread.

Might be overkill if you don't want to pay, but Exchange support is also good on it.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
"you are right, there is nothing wrong with it. I have used it in the past".

It's ok. I just tried Mail Droid before trying the stock app and really liked the GUI.

k1601

Reaction score
I used to use bluemail on my note phones. I dropped it only because I wanted amazon alexa to read my emails so I now use newton (not free). I never had a problem with bluemail.
I've also payed for Newton and enjoy it. I only use it for work emails, but no problems with pdf. (I also get several a day). Plus the desktop app is nice as well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I've also payed for Newton and enjoy it. I only use it for work emails, but no problems with pdf. (I also get several a day). Plus the desktop app is nice as well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

it is a great little utility geared towards business applications now. just wished it wasn't so expensive for home use. as I said in a previous email, I mainly got it for alexa because I am getting too lazy to check my email manually these days. It is so much easier when I get up in the afternoons to just ask alexa about the weather then ask about my emails.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I went from maildroid to Bluemail a couple years ago. It's worked great and I like the customizable features.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Just tried Bluemail and it's a keeper. Thanks for the recommendation.