Need advice on Dinc with unknown history

Littlecond

Reaction score
Greetings,
I picked up a Dinc off of eBay. I don't know any of the history behind it (like if and how it was rooted), but I do know the ESN is good. I have not yet activated it with Verizon yet seeing as I want to see if it is functional first. This is where the problem comes in, I can get it past the quick setup screens, but then it reports a "The application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly." and looks like it is in a loop and I can not get past it. I attempted a few fixes I found on line like trying to hold the search key and pulling out the sd card to name a few and all failed.

I would like to eventually root this phone, but I don't if it is worth it seeing it has issues now. I suspect it may have a bad rom flash, but I am new to rooting so I can't be sure. I have attempted to do factory resets from the white recovery screen, but it leaves me with the above reported issue.

Here is what the white recovery screen says:

INCREDIBLEC XC SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.92.0000
MICROP-0417
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-2.15.00.07.28
Jul 23 2010, 18:06:51

So here is my question, has this been FUBAR'd by someone else?
Is it easily repairable? If sow, how?
Or should I just go to the eBay resolution center and try and return it.

Thanks for your time

smtom

Reaction score
It's rooted, or perhaps was once. The S-OFF indicated that. If you have the time and inclination, you could take it back to stock via RUU, then root it. dougpiston.com should have all you need. Good luck!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
L

Littlecond

Reaction score
Thanks smtom for giving me the "green light" to move forward.

I brought it back to stock 2.2 and it functions perfectly.

I then rooted without a problem.

Thanks again

smtom

Reaction score
Yee haw! Hope you picked it up as a bargain! Be sure the SD is formatted FAT32.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums