Won't boot past HTC screen?

spencettu

Reaction score
I have a Droid Incredible that won't boot past the HTC screen. I got the phone like this so I don't know the history. I can get into recovery and I installed the PB31IMG.zip file. It installed fine, but still can't get past the HTC screen on reboot. It has the stock recovery so I don't believe it has been rooted. I also downloaded the RUU file but I get the usb error (170) and did have the lastest sync installed from HTC. Would a bricked phone still be able to get into recovery? I've been searching and messing with this thing all day. Any suggestions? Thanks.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you say the PB31IMG.zip seems to load find fine does it show a bluebar on the side and ask if you want to update? And it is the stock recovery?

If you can get to recovery, more then likely the phone can be saved.

OP
S

spencettu

Reaction score
Yes, I got the status bar and clicked yes to update. Would it be okay to do it again?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First of where did you get zip from? Before I tell you just to flash something I would like to know what it is. No bricks to be caused by myself

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry I'm at work and i can't dl'd from mega. Just tell me the site you snagged it from.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright I should of had ya just do this in the first place, sorry for wasting your time. When you ran the RUU it will have put the files it was going to transfer in your temp folder.

cmr>run>%TEMP%

It will pull up a bunch of files find the that says rom.zip. I usually just use the search button from here. There are usually a lot of files there and it'll be in one of those files.
Or go to %TEMP% and delete all the files there then re run the RUU. it'll be easier to find that way.

Take the rom.zip from it and name PB31IMG.zip. Mkae sure you have your pc showing file extensions so it doesn't get named .zip.zip

Put on your SD card then boot into hboot again. And the phone should ask to update. You know the deal.

This was it assures you that you have a clean img to install.

OP
S

spencettu

Reaction score
I extracted the rom.zip and renamed and installed. This time after I click yes to update I get Partition update fail! Update Fail! OK on all six except [3] RADIO_VZ -FAIL-PU

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Get back to Hboot and tell me what it says at the top. Also I'm assuming you bought this and it was aleady borked?

OP
S

spencettu

Reaction score
INCREDIBLEC XC SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.77.0000
MICROP-0417
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-1.00.03.04.06
Mar 23 2010, 19:36:22

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would take into VZW at let their tools have a whack at it. Sorry I haven't helped ya here.

OP
S

spencettu

Reaction score
No problem. Thanks for taking the time. I'll give that download a shot.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dont do that dl. just take it to VZW. To be safe

OP
S

spencettu

Reaction score
Okay. Will they service the phone if I'm not the original owner?