Need a recommendation on a good stable ROM

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
Project Elect 5 has the best for me so far. Fast and stable. I'm sure other people will agree

SupAll

Reaction score
If you want as close to stock as possible, I would recommend Bugless Beast v.6.2.1. It is a Froyo-based ROM and Pete has put a lot of effort into providing it without all the bells and whistles of other customized ROMs, but still optimized with a few built in tools for easy maintenance and is quite stable.

You could also try his Gingerbread GPA series ROMs. However, like most Gingerbread ROMs, there may be a couple of issues.

Mortality

Reaction score
Look into Project Elite 4.2. It seems to have the best stability on my phone along with some tools to help with performance. There are themes to change how it looks as well. The Gingerbread ROMS seem to give me fits after a short while, (Hours) while the Froyo ROMS just keep ticking along.

Project Elite

OP
B

blix

Reaction score
Actually, I'm cool with bells and whistles as long as it's smooth and stable

OP
B

blix

Reaction score
ok, so I downloaded a ROM, but the search on this site sucks so damn bad I can't find a decent thread on how to install it. I assume that I just rename it to update.zip and install it like any other, but I don't want to mess anything up. Is that all I do? (other than backup everything which i have, and wipe first)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you using sprecovery?

If so then yes, rename.

Which ROM?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
B

blix

Reaction score
yes, and I used that to do a backup as well. I'm starting with UltimateDroid.

Thanks!

Dutchman1

Reaction score
Had great Luck with LGB roms. Currently running LGB 1.6 At 1.1ghz. Took a day or so be stable on Droid though.