Recommend a fast, stable mod

Guurzak

Reaction score
I had DroidMod on my D1 a while back and was very happy with it, but I've been running stock since the FroYo update. I'm getting more and more unhappy with how slow my phone is running- not sure if it's actually getting slower, or if I'm just less patient with it, but either way something has to change.

I don't want to fuss with changing roms, kernels, etc every few days. I don't want to see frequent reboots or FCs. My phone's OS isn't a source of entertainment for me; I want to install something that will "just work" and then not think about it until it's time to replace the device later this year.

Any suggestions?

SheDevilDrifter

Reaction score
cyanogenmod ran wonderfully for me. ive run both their experimental mods and stable. both work very nicely.

((I recently switched over to test ChevyNo1's SimplyStunning, which I love, but its only been released for a few days, so it has its bugs, but i think in the future it will be amazing. ))

buellboy9

Reaction score
My experience? Right now, for the most STABLE mod for the original Droid, stay away from the Gingerbread ROMs... they're not quite there yet.

I highly recommend Peter Alfonso's "Bugless Beast" build. Fast and stable, it is Froyo, but with some Gingerbread features "baked" in.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I recommend Sourcery Rom, it's the most recent Froyo Build, Feature packed and unmatched stability. Also get 15 hours of use every day.