navigation

Psykho

Reaction score
The one thing I HATE about the new update is that you have no Street View anymore. Sometimes I'd get confused as to which road I have to take so I'd look up it by just pressing and seeing a street view of the direction I had to take. Now? That's not possible.

Does anyone know if you can still do this?

I still have street view on my DNA after the update . Did you download street view? I always had the app downloaded even though it was part of maps but maybe you have to download it separately now.

moset

Reaction score
Street view is gone during navigation as far as i can tell. I haven't used it actually on the road in any congested area. Seems like before it would zoom to street view at your destination and at congested intersections. I thought you could also see street view from the direction list. It seems overall maps stepped backwards on lots of things that maybe weren't used by many.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

myc8e

Reaction score
My map and nav seem to always revert to the simple map view, when I want it to default to satellite view. Can't find a setting to make this the default, so I have to keep going to the settings and choose sat manually each time. I also miss the zoom in/out +/- buttons that would appear and the distance ruler. You can now double tap to zoom in, but zooming out seems to take the two fingered spread, which is awkward when driving. And I, also, liked to just turn on nav to see traffic, orientation, etc, without having a destination plugged in. But, yes, some of the new maps format is positive.

moset

Reaction score
My map and nav seem to always revert to the simple map view, when I want it to default to satellite view. Can't find a setting to make this the default, so I have to keep going to the settings and choose sat manually each time. I also miss the zoom in/out +/- buttons that would appear and the distance ruler. You can now double tap to zoom in, but zooming out seems to take the two fingered spread, which is awkward when driving. And I, also, liked to just turn on nav to see traffic, orientation, etc, without having a destination plugged in. But, yes, some of the new maps format is positive.

To zoom double tap then slide up or down to zoom in or out. I discovered this feature a few updates back. Not sure about the sat view and i miss the ruler and latitude.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

moset

Reaction score
If i close in sat view it reopens in sat view.

myc8e

Reaction score
Zoom issue solved, thanks. My sat view keeps reverting back to simple map still. Am I missing a "set to default" setting or something?

moset

Reaction score
Zoom issue solved, thanks. My sat view keeps reverting back to simple map still. Am I missing a "set to default" setting or something?

I don't know. I closed in satellite view, ran several other apps, opened maps again and it's still in satellite view. Nothing that i can find in settings that would effect it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

moset

Reaction score
Mine has a blue circle with Small triangle pointing in the direction of travel

fdkatz

Reaction score
I too lost the blue arrow icon. But then in an unrelated move, I restored my Nova Launcher and the blue arrow came back. Strange, but nice.