navigation

bfoster

Reaction score
After the Google map update the navigation triangle icon is gone and no longer on my phone. I cannot find it in app store either. Used it a lot. What should I do?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Uninstall the update or side load an older version. Do you have root?

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
bfoster

bfoster

Reaction score
No root. So just uninstall the map updates and it will re appear?

OP
bfoster

bfoster

Reaction score
Otherwise what it another good app like it to use? Not a paid version.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
My biz takes me to 3 places I have never been to every single day. So I probably use Navigation much more than the average person. I have never used the blue arrow app. Not once in 4 years of android. Lots of people are missing it after the update, but I don't get what they are missing. It is evidently unnecessary

OP
bfoster

bfoster

Reaction score
So the Google maps works just as well? If that's what your saying, even after update?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
From what I read, the new Map update has the Navigation feature built in. There is a navigation icon on the new Maps screen that starts navigation mode, that's why the old blue Navigation app was removed.

Reaction score
After the Google map update the navigation triangle icon is gone and no longer on my phone. I cannot find it in app store either. Used it a lot. What should I do?

SADLY, Google updated it's Maps app and now Navigation is WITHIN the Maps app. So if you want to use Navigation you have to input an address in the main screen of the Maps app then click the Car Logo with the minute estimate on the bottom right corner. Select your desired route options, transportation method, and the route you desire to take and press Start on the bottom right hand corner.

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,
Why go thru all that.
Just talk it in. Hit your speaker icon and say “Navigate to 10 smith street, new York” and your navigation will start.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
I'm late to this party but navigation was always part of maps, it's just more integrated as 1 app now. There are multiple ways to use it, daybreak the above poster mentions one, or searching in maps for your desired location is another way.

I for one really dig the new maps :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
bfoster

bfoster

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. Never used the maps before, so I didn't understand what they were doing till you guys clarified it for me. Now I know how to use it. Thanks.

moset

Reaction score
I guess the navigation is improved a little. Same features but i think the UI is a little better and in keeping with the card idea from Now. I miss latitude and the measure tool from the older version. Maybe if they would allow G+ to link your location back to maps so you could see how far away your friend is that would fix that issue. The ruler thing I will miss too. You could even plot elevation change along the measured line. Kinda nice in the woods. I guess not much use in the city.
Anyway i think we lost some nice tools in exchange for a little nicer interface. I guess not many people used them?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

zebo51

Reaction score
Often times I drive and like to use the Nav without a destination just to see traffic as I go along. Before it was two taps and I had what I needed. Hit the blue nav icon and then map.

Also the old nav always had the arrow heading to the top of my phone which matched the direction I was going. Made figuring out left/right turns etc easy. Now it is a blue dot that goes everywhere with a little arrow on it pointing north. Confusing and harder to follow.

After the update my GPS accuracy was actually worse and most of the time shown off the road. No issues before.

So I have removed the update in hopes that since it is beta they will take note of a lot of our complaints. I dropped review to 1 star from 4 and noted my dislikes.

Reaction score
The one thing I HATE about the new update is that you have no Street View anymore. Sometimes I'd get confused as to which road I have to take so I'd look up it by just pressing and seeing a street view of the direction I had to take. Now? That's not possible.

Does anyone know if you can still do this?

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Long press the address and then after it loads, slide up from the bottom

Sent from my DROID BIONIC