No Navigation Volume Now?

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Is this a change to Google Maps or part of the "tweeks" Motorola made to GB?

There used to be a seperate volume control you could adjust through Google Maps, one that wasn't tied to Media Volume. I almost never had the volume turned up for navigation, especially if I was streaming music or had internet sports radio on. Now they're tied together so If I have music turned up, I get the navigation voice up too.

Any chance I'm just missing a setting?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It's controlled by the media, no separate volume control.

lanza_david

Reaction score
This is a GB change, not Motorola or Bionic. I am running GPA17 on my OG, and the navigation volume is gone too. You can mute the navigation though (menu, mute) . You just cannot control the volume separately.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
M

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Was this a GB change or a Google Maps change, anyone have an idea? If it was maps, I now have my reason to root and I'll look for an older version to load up...

lanza_david

Reaction score
True, could have been a Google Maps change.

lanza_david

Reaction score
How could we let Google know our concerns about this decision? no matter what it is, Maps or OS, I would think that is a feature that many people would like back.

techguru

Reaction score
it is a google maps change with the latest update. i like that it doesn't mute my music, but not that i can't balance the music and nav volumes.

OP
M

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Then does anyone have a backup of an older version of maps? The program doesn't allow uninstall of upgrades and this is a biggie for me. I did a google search, but came up empty.

OP
M

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
-Update-

I was mistaken, there is a way to uninstall the updates, unfortunately, it keeps autoinstalling the update abou every other day. Is there a way to keep if from updating? I looked at TiBackup, but I could only find a way to freeze the app which makes it unavailable.

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
-Update-

I was mistaken, there is a way to uninstall the updates, unfortunately, it keeps autoinstalling the update abou every other day. Is there a way to keep if from updating? I looked at TiBackup, but I could only find a way to freeze the app which makes it unavailable.

You should be able to disable automatic updates in the Market. This option is set per app.

Alternatively, you could use Titanium Backup to break the link with the Market for a specific app - preventing the app from updating. Long-press on the app in Titanium Backup and you should see an option for "break market link", or something close to that.

gwbennett

Reaction score
I can confirm this is not gingerbread specific. It is either motorola or google maps, as my Thundebolt still has separate navaigation and media volumes. Not sure who thought it was a good idea to combine them, but they were mistaken! :blink:

lanza_david

Reaction score
How can we let google know how bad of an idea it is?!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
How can we let google know how bad of an idea it is?!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Google has a support forum. You can make a topic about it and let people complain in it.