Volume setting - millions of them

zasran

Reaction score
Not strictly a bug but a very annoying volume setting issue.

Seems like the phone has separate volume setting for pretty much anything - media, ring, maps/navigation, notifications etc.

And there's no easy way to get to the setting of a particular volume unless the phone is in the particular mode (e.g playing media, or using navigation etc.)

This is particularly annoying when I'm starting e.g. Pandora, cannot adjust volume until AFTER music starts to play which is too late becuase the music already went BOOM (volume is up when connected via Bluetooth but needs to be much lower when connected via audio cable)

Anybody found a solution to this problem? Perhaps an app that would change volume control to change master volume (if possible) or all volumes?

Am I the only one that thinks this was a really really bad design decision?

ero

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
no, i happen to agree.. i would be interested in some sort of volume control option thing... maybe something similar to a power widget. anybody know of anything like this?

BCrawford

Reaction score
Toggle Settings is a great app for that kind of stuff. You have about 8 different profiles for which you can customize all kinds of settings, including volumes. You can change between profiles rather easily. I have one for the car which has 100% screen brightness, screen always on, ringer volume at 50% and media volume at 80%. You get the point. I think you should look into it.

FRATBoy

Reaction score
@BCrawford -

Does your Toggle Settings recognize the Charging Profile/rule when you plug in your phone or only when you unplug it?

stuhasdroid

Reaction score
Different volume settings

I hear you but I think having different volume settings is needed for just the reason you explained.

I just find myself adjusting volume when entering or leaving the car as I use a MOT MOTOROKR for handsfree calling and FM transmittal to car audio.

I'll have to check out that Toggle Settings and its profile function. Might be helpful.

Cheers,

Not strictly a bug but a very annoying volume setting issue.

Seems like the phone has separate volume setting for pretty much anything - media, ring, maps/navigation, notifications etc.

And there's no easy way to get to the setting of a particular volume unless the phone is in the particular mode (e.g playing media, or using navigation etc.)

This is particularly annoying when I'm starting e.g. Pandora, cannot adjust volume until AFTER music starts to play which is too late becuase the music already went BOOM (volume is up when connected via Bluetooth but needs to be much lower when connected via audio cable)

Anybody found a solution to this problem? Perhaps an app that would change volume control to change master volume (if possible) or all volumes?

Am I the only one that thinks this was a really really bad design decision?

ero

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree with AudioManager. Works well, comes with a handy widget.

kc02max

Reaction score
I use Sound Manager. You can set all the volume levels on one screen and also set schedules. For example, I set my phone to silent from 8:00 - 5:00 weekdays.

wxjeremy

Reaction score
Ring Toggle from app market. Been using since my mytouch. works great

BCrawford

Reaction score
@BCrawford -

Does your Toggle Settings recognize the Charging Profile/rule when you plug in your phone or only when you unplug it?

Not at all. It seems to have a lot of problems with the rules, even after the most recent update.