National Police Week

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
pwlogo-FINAL-web.jpg

I know there have been a lot of bad publicity shown to cops these past few months, don't get me wrong get rid of the bad cops for I feel like they are spoiling the bunch and bringing down the many good men and women who put their lives on the line daily. To all the men and women who put on the blue uniform and serve their community with the intentions of making their communities safer I thank you. The job is not easy and many have fallen doing the job of serving and protecting. So if no one else want to say thank you I will because I do not care what anyone says, I appreciate the work that good cops do for our community. The cops that help a lady with a flat, give a pair of sneakers to an unfortunate young ball player, and look out for the citizens, there are many of you out there that no one knows who you are or the good that you have done all they know is what they see on tv good or bad. To the many awesome men and women who wear the blue thank you. And those that serve their community in blue or had served be honored to hear where and your years of service.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Cops get a bad rep, and no doubt there are some real corrupted ones, but that's with any field of work imo. They just happen to be held at a higher standard.

It takes alot for someone to become a cop, I almost went down that path, but I talked to a few retired police and sheriff and if they said you go into it unsure, you won't last, gotta be a 100% commitment or find another career. I opted for the latter.

As they say, good publicity is bad publicity. The public will absolutely eat up a story of a cop beating on a citizen, but they'll only give a few moments to those who do their communities right (take the examples PC posted). It's a truly thankless job for people that put their lives on the line as the first people to respond to any danger. If the world is as crazy as it is now, imagine how much it would be if it weren't for these people who put on the uniform everyday to keep the peace.

I had the chance to thank a few officers who were on their dinner break the other night. I would have bought them their meals had I seen them earlier, but it was great to see them loose and enjoying a burger with their colleagues. I let finish their meal and got to thank and shake each of their hands. I don't know if the gesture meant much to them, but it meant alot to me to acknowledge their work. Especially at one point where I almost decided I could have been one of them.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well said dezy.

With cut backs cops are expected to do more with less. Where at one time there were two cops to a car and they always had back up you now see more one cop per car and requests for backup looked at funny. And the backup being 10 minutes away, which in a time of danger can mean life or death.
A job that get so much glamour in Hollywood and scoff in the world adds to the pressure of a job where you know you may not be able to kiss your loved ones at night.
Yet they willingly signed up to do the job.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for this post. As a law enforcement officer, I appreciate the kind words. You guys rock!
We appreciate your service to your community.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You guys beat me to it. There are jerks, hot-heads, corrupt people in EVERY profession. The guys out there putting their life on the line to do what they're supposed to do get a bad rap because of those jerks.

Thank you to all good cops out there!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'll go get a speeding ticket tonight and thank them for it.

Is this new? I have LEOs(Father, sister, BIL) in the family and they have never mentioned this before.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'll go get a speeding ticket tonight and thank them for it.

Is this new? I have LEOs(Father, sister, BIL) in the family and they have never mentioned this before.

It's been around for a really long time but it was primarily observed by people close to law enforcement. Either you worked in or around law enforcement or had close relatives who would tell you.

Remember that time when you noticed that flags are at half mast for a week and you kept wondering who died? Well it was probably Police Week. Government buildings would fly their flags at half mast all week and some cities would have weekend 5k races and such. In the past 2 years the support organizations for LEOs have put a lot of effort into promoting it to counteract the negative social criticisms that have been rising for some time now.

I have way too many (can there be such a thing?) friends and relatives in law enforcement who I love and are proud to call my friends. I'd like to think of them this week. I also know a few guys who I'd wish would quit the profession, but this time isn't about them. If you know a cop on a personal level please take this week to talk with them and have an open discussion and say thank you because they don't hear it enough. Most of them have a huge heart (they'll never admit it) and that's why the good ones are drawn to the line of duty.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all of the police officers for their service. Now please abide by the same driving laws that you enforce! Thanks in advance!

jnashr

Reaction score
Cops get a bad rep, and no doubt there are some real corrupted ones, but that's with any field of work imo. They just happen to be held at a higher standard.

It takes alot for someone to become a cop, I almost went down that path, but I talked to a few retired police and sheriff and if they said you go into it unsure, you won't last, gotta be a 100% commitment or find another career. I opted for the latter.

As they say, good publicity is bad publicity. The public will absolutely eat up a story of a cop beating on a citizen, but they'll only give a few moments to those who do their communities right (take the examples PC posted). It's a truly thankless job for people that put their lives on the line as the first people to respond to any danger. If the world is as crazy as it is now, imagine how much it would be if it weren't for these people who put on the uniform everyday to keep the peace.

I had the chance to thank a few officers who were on their dinner break the other night. I would have bought them their meals had I seen them earlier, but it was great to see them loose and enjoying a burger with their colleagues. I let finish their meal and got to thank and shake each of their hands. I don't know if the gesture meant much to them, but it meant alot to me to acknowledge their work. Especially at one point where I almost decided I could have been one of them.

I assure you that the gesture meant something. As for the rest of the comments in this thread....thank you. Kind words are few and far between these days.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Law enforcement is freekin great in this country. Sure it could be better but most people don't know what bad or corrupt law systems are.

Having traveled and lived in 3rd world countries where money is above the law, people in USA need to kiss and hug every leo they meet because they are the ones keeping this place from becoming an anarchists chaos world.