N64oid 2.6.3? Does this work well?

wuzuprad

Reaction score
Not sure if this should be posted here or in the applications section, but I would just like to know if this works well for the Droid 4 and if you have it working which Roms are working for you?

*EDIT*

Bought a Droid 4 finally and tested out the application. These are some findings for various games ive tried. I will try and keep this updated as I go along. If anyone has games not included in this list they would like to tell everyone about (how they run, graphical errors, slowdown, control issues, so forth) on the droid 4 i will put their findings in with my own.

Banjo Kazooie - Played up to lvl 5 so far, no slowdown, runs 100%. Controls very playable
Banjo-Tooie - Loads up but always seems to crash when selecting a character or not too far into the game during gameplay. Very laggy then a crash.
Body Harvest 64 - "way too laggy"
Bomber Man 64 - Does not load.
Mario 64 - Played to first world. No slowdown runs 100% so far. Controls very playable
Smash Bros. - Played 1 vs stage, does not run at 100% speed but seems to be more like 95%. Still very playable but a bit of slowdown. touch screen and button controls make gameplay more difficult.
Zelda Ocarina of Time - Plays 100% - no graphical errors controls well. Only lags in intro menu. May have trouble with using C button items while z targeting.
Zelda majoras mask - Played intro and clocktown, little bit of slowdown mostly noticed in music. no graphical errors so far. Controls very playable except for may have trouble with using C button items while z targeting.

Last edited:
OP
W

wuzuprad

Reaction score
Hope this helps you find what your looking for.
N64Oid + Compatible Roms (Collection)
If you have a ps3 controller you can use it with this emulator also. I just tried a new emu called n64 Super Emulator that's very fast and smooth if want to check it out in the Play Store.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Cool thanks for that link. Yeah i dont have a D4 yet but im looking to upgrade my dumb phone to a smart phone and so i want to make sure i get one that can run these well. When i upgrade ill have to check out the n64 super emulator you suggest. Thanks!

If anyone else has any additional info please post :)

RockmanSolo

Reaction score
I just dled and tested it on my dx2. I have to say that I'm impressed, I've seen very few n64 emus work so smooth, especially on a mobile device (that goes for the psp as well, which is a different story). I tried Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64, Body Harvest, Bomberman 64, and LoZ Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time. The only two that gave me issues were Body Harvest 64 (way too laggy) and Bomberman 64 (which didn't work at all). Hope that helps!

OP
W

wuzuprad

Reaction score
Well just to recap i just want everyone to know that I did end up buying a Droid 4. I tried out the emulator and so far it runs perfectly. I have tested Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, and super mario smash brothers. I do actually own all of those games for the original N64. Mario and banjo seem to run perfectly without any lag with full sound. Smash brothers runs well with full sound but i did notice a slight choppyness. But still very playable. Just to comment on the keyboard, I thought that having a keyboard might make the games more playable, Ive had mixed resaults so far with it. The keys do help sometimes but are acutally kind of a hinderance sometimes too. Multiple key presses at the same time dont seem to always register. I will keep playing with it to see if i can find a good solution. More on that and more info on which roms work and which might not to come.

OP
W

wuzuprad

Reaction score
After more testing i seem to have found the best soultion for playability. Hide all the on screen buttons except for the joystick and use that as it seems to be much more responsive then the buttons for movement. Then on the other hand use down arrow for A, right arrow for B, Up arrow for Z and OK button for R and enter for start. C buttons I am using IJKL and that seems to work pretty well. That seems to offer the most comfort and playability. Much better then totally using the on screen keys.

As far as playabilty i have gotten to level 5 on banjo kazooie and have not noticed any graphical, sound or slowdown errors. Only thing ive noticed is the start menu is a l
little messed up but still usable 100%. Does not effect gameplay at all.
I also tried zelda majoras mask and it seems to be very playable so far. I did notice a slight bit of slowdown in the music at times but other then that seems to run 100% Though i have only tried it through the intro and a little bit of clocktown (the starting area). I will update my original post with this info.

RockmanSolo

Reaction score
I'm playing Loz ocarina of time and I notice the same. The only lag spike I get is on the file select screen. Seriously impressed with this emu.

OP
W

wuzuprad

Reaction score
Thanks RockmanSolo. I have updated my original post with all of your comments