My Verizon Mobile was updated

brooklyn2710

Reaction score
My Verizon Mobile was updated today and its looks great. They change the layout to be better accessible and even add the option to check when update eligibility date. Definitely a must grab.

Also, it has a widget now to show your data usage. Pretty useless for now since if Droid plans require unlimited (5gb cap) data but with the rumor they might change their policy to what At&t has, this would be very useful.

ChugIt

Reaction score
There is not a 5GB cap on your data. That 5GB cap is for if you are paying (why?) for their tethering/mobile hot spots. I use 15GB+ per month on my Droid.

OP
B

brooklyn2710

Reaction score
You get 5gb for the "unlimited data" and 5gb for tethering. You are not using 15gb every month.

cromo8

Reaction score
well i checked on the app and it says i have been eligible since 3/21/10

which doesnt make sense sicne i got the droid with contract in december

ChugIt

Reaction score
Yes, I am using 15GB per month. Unlimited is unlimited. Believe me or don't believe me, I know what I use on my phone. You get UNLIMITED data on your phone, 5GB for their tethering plan.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Mine will not update....

OP
B

brooklyn2710

Reaction score
Yes, I am using 15GB per month. Unlimited is unlimited. Believe me or don't believe me, I know what I use on my phone. You get UNLIMITED data on your phone, 5GB for their tethering plan.

Im telling you as a previous Verizon salesperson. You are not using 15gb but ok. You may just be the luckiest person in the world because the unlimited has a 5gb cap but they can call it unlimited only because no one ever gets close to 5gb in a month. And let me ask, what could you possibly be doing to reach 15gb every month.

swallman

Reaction score
You get 5gb for the "unlimited data" and 5gb for tethering. You are not using 15gb every month.

Do some searching for all of the other posts in regards to this in the forums. The data plan for your Droid is UNLIMITED. There is no 5 GB cap. The 5 GB cap is for people who purchase the broadband access plan (for example where you get an aircard for your laptop).

ChugIt

Reaction score
Tethering with Easytether because I live in the country and net is unavailable to me right now. I will screenshot at the end of my cycle and prove it if you really feel the need. Yea, I know, it's against the policy, [/care]. You look ignorant saying you used to work for them and there is a cap of 5GB. Anyone who don't believe there's no cap just call *611 and ask.

EDIT: I'm not alone either. Look at other user replies here as well....
has anybody gone over 5gb on unlimited plan?

OP
B

brooklyn2710

Reaction score
Ok, we will see. I know for a fact there used to be one. But I mean, things change and used to work for them a while back, not now. But ok, whatever.

ChugIt

Reaction score
fc7fae.jpg

Not quite on par yet. I guess I need to use up a lil more data this month!