My Verizon Mobile was updated

cromo8

Reaction score
Ok so they change the policy. You were right. I was wrong.
nah on phones unlimited is unlimited, has been forever, only on data cards unlimited means 5 gb, and even for tethering on the droid its hard for verizon to know when you are tethering, so its normally accounted as regular usage

Josefius

Reaction score
The widget is useless, since I have unlimited data. If I could change it to minutes used, that would be useful. I didn't find an option to do that :/

ChugIt

Reaction score
On the left side of my pic posted is 510/1400. 510 minutes used of 1400 on my plan.

Nevermind duh.... I haven't tried the new widget. Sorry man, I misunderstood.

Josefius

Reaction score
On the left side of my pic posted is 510/1400. 510 minutes used of 1400 on my plan.

Nevermind duh.... I haven't tried the new widget. Sorry man, I misunderstood.

No problem :) I guess the widget is for data usage only, since it says "Data Usage" but I was hoping it meant all types of data as in "Phone Usage". One can hope I guess. :icon_evil:

KidCuda

Reaction score
well i checked on the app and it says i have been eligible since 3/21/10

which doesnt make sense sicne i got the droid with contract in december

Yeah I got the 29th of march, weird. Hope they fix that or something. I *almost* got excited that I could get a Droid 2 (when it comes out)

excalion

Reaction score
I called Verizon last month to ask about data plans. The customer service rep told me the unlimited data plan is "technically" unlimited. You can go over 5gb with no charge. The catch is if you go considerably over 5gb, month after month, Verizon just might cut you off for a couple of months until your average data usage per month is below 5gb.

That's what I was told by verizon, no idea if it's actually the truth.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
well i checked on the app and it says i have been eligible since 3/21/10

which doesnt make sense sicne i got the droid with contract in december

Yeah I got the 29th of march, weird. Hope they fix that or something. I *almost* got excited that I could get a Droid 2 (when it comes out)

Yup, mine has an incorrect eligibility as well. But you do you have other lines on your account? Check their update eligibility dates. The eligibility date displayed for my line on the app is actually my brother's eligibility date (6/29), and my correct one isn't until January.

Or, alternative idea: Take your phone in, tell them you want your upgrade, and whine when they claim that's not correct. Tell them it's their app that's displaying the information, and you would like them to honor it. ;)

Mateenager

Reaction score
fc7fae.jpg

Not quite on par yet. I guess I need to use up a lil more data this month!

You use all that data, but never send any texts?

You're odd lol

tuarus

Reaction score
I thought I used a lot. I average around 6 to 7 gigs a month without tethering!

tuarus

Reaction score
Excalion they're Just trying to scare u. Unlimited is what it is. With all the laws out protecting customers they always have to word things properly.

rage151

Reaction score
I am digging the new app and widget. However, I wish it would convert to MB & GB. I know how to read it, but 1.6gb is much better than the same in KB. Heck, I'm surprised they don't have it shown in bytes.

Also, I think their motive behind getting this widget out there is because of tiered data pricing. It's in the timeline and everything will be in place at launch time. It's coming...