My Verizon galaxy nexus experience

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you a bot? Every time someone complains about signal issues with the GNex, here you come to point out this nonsense, nearly word for word. You may have a career in car insurance commercials. Just because all LTE phones experience issues, doesn't imply that GNex performance is on par with every other LTE phone. Read the previous sentence several times, and please stop cluttering every android forum with this crap. TIA!

As far as this thread goes, I'm in the process of returning my second GNex. Held on to this one until to the official 4.0.4 rollout in hopes that my frequent signal drops, data disconnects, and 1-way audio issues that were present in both this device and my prior GNex would be resolved. Going to give it one more go hoping there is some truth to the "bad batch" theory, and I'm just incredibly unlucky to get two in a row. If the next one is a dud I'm switching to the Razr Maxx (ugh).
Here I come Orville Redenbacher :D

SpeedDMN

Reaction score
I recently switched from the Bionic to the Nexus. I probably would have gotten the Razr but for ICS native on the Samsung. I used to run the Gummy ICS ROM on the Bionic, but too many things didn't work to make it a viable everyday ROM. For Verizon's top of the line, there are a couple things I don't like. The biggest one is it does not have the solid feel the Bionic had. the rounded edges and it's thinness make it a bit hard to hold on to. I need to get a case for it and that might help with the grip. Also I'm not too impressed with the speaker. It's passable with the volume all the way up, but it might as well not have a volume at all since that's the only way you can really hear it. Battery life is maybe a little less then the Bionic, certainly not better. Reception seems a little less then the Bionic, again certainly not better. All that said, I like it for the most part. The screen is beautiful and the camera definitely blows Motorola's away. It takes nicer pics and is super fast. Video is also better than the Bionics. The stabilizer is very good for a handset. I could care less about the 5mp compared to the Bionic's 8mp. people don't seem to realize that mp's are only an advantage if you want poster sized pics. I'll take a quality 1.2mp over a crappy 12mp any day. Anyway, again what sold me on this phone is the Android 4.0 native. It is much more than a slight improvement. kinda like going from win98 to XP. God only knows when Verizon will get around to upgrading their older handsets. If the Razr hasn't received it yet then it's a safe bet it will be along wait for the Bionic etc.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I recently switched from the Bionic to the Nexus. I probably would have gotten the Razr but for ICS native on the Samsung. I used to run the Gummy ICS ROM on the Bionic, but too many things didn't work to make it a viable everyday ROM. For Verizon's top of the line, there are a couple things I don't like. The biggest one is it does not have the solid feel the Bionic had. the rounded edges and it's thinness make it a bit hard to hold on to. I need to get a case for it and that might help with the grip. Also I'm not too impressed with the speaker. It's passable with the volume all the way up, but it might as well not have a volume at all since that's the only way you can really hear it. Battery life is maybe a little less then the Bionic, certainly not better. Reception seems a little less then the Bionic, again certainly not better. All that said, I like it for the most part. The screen is beautiful and the camera definitely blows Motorola's away. It takes nicer pics and is super fast. Video is also better than the Bionics. The stabilizer is very good for a handset. I could care less about the 5mp compared to the Bionic's 8mp. people don't seem to realize that mp's are only an advantage if you want poster sized pics. I'll take a quality 1.2mp over a crappy 12mp any day. Anyway, again what sold me on this phone is the Android 4.0 native. It is much more than a slight improvement. kinda like going from win98 to XP. God only knows when Verizon will get around to upgrading their older handsets. If the Razr hasn't received it yet then it's a safe bet it will be along wait for the Bionic etc.
As far as the case,I use Android Green Cruzerlite-I Love it and Volume-Volume+ takes care of that prob.Everything else,your on point.