My Rezound has finally annoyed me. I'm heated (RANT and question)

cp24eva

Reaction score
So, for about a few months now, my rezound will go into a state where I cannot get 4G reception, but when I switch to pure 3G it works. I usually have to do a battery pop in order to get my 4G back. SO, this has been routine. Cool. Today I did this and then when my phone comes back up, it then got stuck in a reboot loop. Popped the battery 3 times, no dice. went into recovery mode, no cigar. I could barely get into the OS before the screen goes black on me and reboot. No other choice....I had to do a factory reset. All my apps, settings, blue tooth pairings, wifi connections remembered, wallpapers, etc.....gone. Now I'll be spending my evening redownloading all the apps I can remember the names to and the apps that the play store remembers I downloaded (which it only remembered a fraction of it) and setting my phone to the way it used to be.

So, is there any good way I can set a GOOD backup without rooting my phone? This has annoyed me to no end. Is there a bootloop solution? I've only been using an android phone since august and i am really starting to get annoyed. I thought my rezound was the best rezound out there. Lol. Silly me. anyone else come across this predicament? What did you do? How did you feel? Did you feel like chucking your phone through a wall like I almost did? lol.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Well, this is a fix kind of. i still would have to reset my phone which is what i am trying to prevent. But I'll go ahead and take the fast boot off to try and prevent any further interruptions. Thanks a bunch!

batz

Reaction score
go to one of the stores show them whats going on with the phone if i was you i would be fighting with them for a new phone

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I really should...really. I'm thinkin' about it. I hate going to verizon stores, because I know most of the time they don't know what they are talkin' about nor do they know the extent of their powers as a service rep.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
You could have a fried or corrupted sim card. See if Verizon can give you a new one. Also your battery door could be damaged or you could have a overheating battery/phone.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
From getting stuck in 1x in weak reception areas to the so so phone reception to the low volume on phone calls when using headphones to the way the cursor irritates me when trying to edit something to the way the browser keeps clearing cookies causing me to re enter passwords...I don't even charge it up anymore.

Has an amazing camera tho. Girl wanted me to take pics of her. I had my Rezound she had an evo. I used both phones and she chose the pics on my phone.

Just like with the g nex, RAZR, bionic, etc if it works good for you, that's all that matters. But I wish I wouldn't have got the Rezound.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

tjarvis

Reaction score
That sounds like the signal reboot issue. I had that happen a time or two. I fixed it by taking the sim card out and letting it boot up, then using the lte on/off app to pick cdma/lte auto prl and then turn it off put the sim back in and boot her back up. That's what worked for me... I think there is some issue with the radio somehow jumping to another setting. Mine happens to like to jump to wcdma and gsm auto, and no flippin clue why. However I haven't had any issues with that since jumping on the ics train. Granted I've only had this thing for 5 days so I'm still learning my way around sense and HTC in general.

Sent from rezound

kparks

Reaction score
So, for about a few months now, my rezound will go into a state where I cannot get 4G reception, but when I switch to pure 3G it works. I usually have to do a battery pop in order to get my 4G back. SO, this has been routine. Cool. Today I did this and then when my phone comes back up, it then got stuck in a reboot loop. Popped the battery 3 times, no dice. went into recovery mode, no cigar. I could barely get into the OS before the screen goes black on me and reboot. No other choice....I had to do a factory reset. All my apps, settings, blue tooth pairings, wifi connections remembered, wallpapers, etc.....gone. Now I'll be spending my evening redownloading all the apps I can remember the names to and the apps that the play store remembers I downloaded (which it only remembered a fraction of it) and setting my phone to the way it used to be.

So, is there any good way I can set a GOOD backup without rooting my phone? This has annoyed me to no end. Is there a bootloop solution? I've only been using an android phone since august and i am really starting to get annoyed. I thought my rezound was the best rezound out there. Lol. Silly me. anyone else come across this predicament? What did you do? How did you feel? Did you feel like chucking your phone through a wall like I almost did? lol.

There is a app called restart connections and it works great for things like that

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I'm going to check that out. Sorry for the delayed response. Been dealing with some other rezound issues.

kparks

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I'm going to check that out. Sorry for the delayed response. Been dealing with some other rezound issues.

Is it helping ur problem at all??

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Actually my 4g connection has been more stable as if lately. Could be the replacement phone doing what its supposed to.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk