Removing ClockWorkMod from the Rezound

Nolubez

Reaction score
Hi All, this morning my ClockWorkMod'd Rezound prompted me for an update pushed out by Verizon "in preperation for ICS". Problem is, it downloads the update and then on reboot fails to implement, I would suspect due to my having ClockWorkMod installed as recovery.

It's been a while since I was messing around with this, so I don't really remember much...

Question is, how do I remove ClockWorkMod and set the phone back to default recovery?

Thanks!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can find the Gingerbread(if you're on gingerbread) RUU or ICS (if you're on ICS) RUU, then you can extract the recovery.img from the RUU zip file and flash it in HBOOT with fastboot(just like you did to install CWM. Otherwise, get the 3.14.605.12 RUU and upgrade yourself to ICS.

OP
N

Nolubez

Reaction score
If you can find the Gingerbread(if you're on gingerbread) RUU or ICS (if you're on ICS) RUU, then you can extract the recovery.img from the RUU zip file and flash it in HBOOT with fastboot(just like you did to install CWM. Otherwise, get the 3.14.605.12 RUU and upgrade yourself to ICS.

I got it working using HTC Rezound All-In-One Toolkit V2.1 (it came with some other recoveries, the TWRP 2.1.0 let the OTW update run).

Thanks

OP
N

Nolubez

Reaction score
Actually.... big fail.

I can get the OTA updates to actually apply (I think), the initial "prep" one seems to work, and then it downloads the ICS updates, reboots, applies the update, reboots, and just hangs on the white HTC logo screen... :(

Luckily I can still get into recovery and restore my backup, so I'm not bricked. But I can't get the OTA ICS to work at all....

Anyone have steps that one needs to take to prep a mod'd rezound for the OTA ICS update?

Thanks