My OTA Froyo 2.2 update aborted pls help

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Hey guys I used to have my phone rooted and had ROM MANAGER installed. Everything worked great for a long time then when i tried to go back to droid 2.1 non rooted from rom manager it kept felling (saying installation aborted SD CARD not mounted).

So i restored back from an old NANDROID backup i had from a long time ago and it actually worked.. Then i notice my super user app was gone as well as the update version is now "ESE81" so assuming i was 100% stock.

So today i received my update and i accepted it. Once the phon rebooted and began the installation process i got the error message again of "installation aborted SD CARD not mounted".

Now i can't try to update again... Also last week i tried to manually update to 2.2 using the official update.zip floating around from google and i got the same error.

I even tried going back to SPVRecovery and still can't get it working. Anyone have any thoughts on how to try to force the update or restore back to 100% stock so i can receive the update again or do the manual update?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

If possible I would like to attempt to fix the issue via SPRecovery if not I will try Clockworks no big deal, thanks.
-Mo

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you are rooted, and have SPR. I believe even if you try and install it will fail.

To get back to stock Go here: SBF to root and to unroot

do option 1 then 5, you will be stock 2.0.1. To return your phone You don't have to be on 2.2, just unrooted and no custom recovery

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
If you are rooted, and have SPR. I believe even if you try and install it will fail.

do option 1 then 5, you will be stock 2.0.1. To return your phone You don't have to be on 2.2, just unrooted and no custom recovery

If i successfully get it to go back to 2.01 then will I be able to receive the updates? Both 2.1 and 2.2 ?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

If i successfully get it to go back to 2.01 then will I be able to receive the updates? Both 2.1 and 2.2 ?

You will not get a 2.1 but will get 2.2 OTA, eventually. or you can do step 2 in that thread and then install any Rom you like, 2.1 or 2.2

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score

You will not get a 2.1 but will get 2.2 OTA, eventually. or you can do step 2 in that thread and then install any Rom you like, 2.1 or 2.2

Fair enough thanks.. Have you seen this error before? Has it been successfully by passed by performing steps 1 and 5 like mentioned on previous post? FYI THANK YOU GUYS!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Fair enough thanks.. Have you seen this error before? Has it been successfully by passed by performing steps 1 and 5 like mentioned on previous post? FYI THANK YOU GUYS!

Doing option 1, then 5, then 2 will will solve almost any problem

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score

Doing option 1, then 5, then 2 will will solve almost any problem

Thank you :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score

Guys thanks performing the "2.01 stock sbf file" via RSD Lite method worked!!!! it's installing 2.2 as we speak via OTA as i type this and its 85% done. THANK YOU!!!