My Nexus's power up screen, continues & continues & won't finish booting up?!

GenieAngel

Reaction score
I turned on my phone and the boot screen wouldn't go away (the spectacular one with all the colors)... I waited and waited and still nothing. I shut it off and tried again, it still just had the color pieces flying and no phone. I tried shutting it off again and the phone would not shut off / power down! no matter how long I pressed the off button so I removed the battery.
I put it back a minute later and still going round and round. :blink: Anyone else having this problem?

What is the fix?

OP
G

GenieAngel

Reaction score
No, I'm a brand new droid user and don't even know what rooting is. I was installing new apps today and some widgets.

Right before this happened it wouldn't "connect" either via phone nor wifi and it was in a "good" area

They spent an hour and a half just getting this phone "activated" in the store

OP
G

GenieAngel

Reaction score
What kills me is that when they were taking forever to "activate" the phone with tons of sim cards I kept saying, maybe it's the phone and they kept exclaiming, It's not the phone?! Ugh!! Yeah right.

Can't EVEN shut it off without the battery out!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I would recommend you go to another Verizon store, if they attempted for that long to get it activating with no success, it's obviously the phone and they're not willing to work with you