My new 32 gb sd card doesnt work

Censley

Reaction score
so i bought a 32 gb micro sd card so i could put all of my music on my droid x2, i formatted it and loaded my music through motorola media manager and my phone then wouldnt load ANY of the new music, and i wasnt able to accesss my gallery even though my pictures were on my internal memory. What have i done? do i need to factory reset?
Thanks!!!! Colton

OP
C

Censley

Reaction score
Honestly i dont know, it says Micro SD HC class 32gb....what would be brand name? and why would this cause a problem?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
1) I'm not sure if you need to actually format the card with the phone or not, but I remember some people having issues because it either does or doesn't need to be setup as fat32 or something along those lines. Either way, if you use the phone to format it there definitely shouldn't be a problem as long as 2) isn't an the problem.

2) I know previously there were issues with devices not being able to read storage beyond a certain size, so that is something you may also want to check on.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I was having a similar problem with one of my phones. Had to go into settings and mount the SD card.