Music on SD Card not playing

shamill

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy Music and the phone's internal memory was running out so I bought a 32gb SD card off ebay to put my music on. I transferred the music from my phone to the SD card but most of the music won't play! It doesn't recognise the artist or album and just displays the message: "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file". I tried to play the songs that won't work on my computer and they won't play on there either! The music definitely played before I put it on the card but now it won't. Help?!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

I can only guess, (you didn't say) that the format is MP3. Try installing JetAudio to see if it works. If not there may be an issue with the encoding. Where did the music come from originally?

OP
S

shamill

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

I can only guess, (you didn't say) that the format is MP3. Try installing JetAudio to see if it works. If not there may be an issue with the encoding. Where did the music come from originally?

Yes they are all MP3's. I've installed numerous music players on my phone, all with no luck. I believe there is an issue with the coding because they wouldn't play on the computer either. Most of the music came from my phone and some of it was downloaded on to the computer then put onto the SD card. Strangely, there is no connection between where the music came from, random tracks play, the rest don't.