1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Music on SD Card not playing

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by shamill, Jul 13, 2013.

1. shamill

shamill New Member

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy Music and the phone's internal memory was running out so I bought a 32gb SD card off ebay to put my music on. I transferred the music from my phone to the SD card but most of the music won't play! It doesn't recognise the artist or album and just displays the message: "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file". I tried to play the songs that won't work on my computer and they won't play on there either! The music definitely played before I put it on the card but now it won't. Help?!
  2. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum

I can only guess, (you didn't say) that the format is MP3. Try installing JetAudio to see if it works. If not there may be an issue with the encoding. Where did the music come from originally?
  3. shamill

shamill New Member

Yes they are all MP3's. I've installed numerous music players on my phone, all with no luck. I believe there is an issue with the coding because they wouldn't play on the computer either. Most of the music came from my phone and some of it was downloaded on to the computer then put onto the SD card. Strangely, there is no connection between where the music came from, random tracks play, the rest don't.
Search tags for this page

android phone does not recognize music on sd card

android play music from sd card

audio on sd catd won't play in galaxy s3

is there a phone app to play music from sd card
jetaudio android does not see sd card
lg optimus android storing playing music on sd card
music on my sd card won't play on my s4

music on sd card but not on phone

music on sd card wont play

music on sd card wont play on android

music wont play from sd card