My MAXX is possessed!!

valglbgl

Reaction score
Well my MAXX started doing crazy stuff yesterday, getting error messages when it trys to update apps and all. Verizon customer care sent me to the store I bought it at to get a replacement under the worry free guarantee. They had to order one into the store since they have none in stock! I am not sure I can make it to next week since now the phone has started deleting stuff. Deleted all of my texts and my email is now blank.

Heading back to the store this morning because I can't seem to switch my device back to my old device since there is a pending order. Any insight would be welcomed. I just don't want this device to start deleting contacts or anything like that.

OP
V

valglbgl

Reaction score
I did shut it off. They were able to switch it back to my DX. Very disappointed but atleast they are sending a new phone. I have pretty much the same apps as I had on my DX so I don't think it would be an App.

OP
V

valglbgl

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for that tip. Any suggestions? How to figure that out?

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Reboot in safe mode, it reboots without any of the installed apps. If your problem goes away then it's 1 of the downloaded apps.

If that's the case reboot remove any apps you installed then redo 1 by 1, until problem comes back.

----posted maxx'ed out----

azdrifter

Reaction score
Definitely sounds like an App problem, I would do the safe mode method like Thadroidz said one of the apps is going to act up when it installs and then you would know which one it is,if it's not more than one causing the problem ?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Not to be difficult but an inanimate object can't be possessed! Only alive things.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx