Game question for other razr and razr maxx users

antoniotaj

Reaction score
Since I first started using the DROID i noticed that There were some games I couldn't see in the Google play store or download anywhere for example order and chaos or madden NFL 2012
why can't i download these games it says they're not compatible with this device.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Since I first started using the DROID i noticed that There were some games I couldn't see in the Google play store or download anywhere for example order and chaos or madden NFL 2012
why can't i download these games it says they're not compatible with this device.

I would think you answered your own question. I don't fully understand why certain games are not compatible across the board but I know there are some games and apps that aren't compatible with all phones.

Maybe someone can explain why....

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It often depends on a number of things. Sometimes it's hardware related. Other times it's software related. But my guess is that most of the time, many developers don't take the time to test them out on some devices, or they don't have access to some devices for testing. So rather than toss it out there for users to test and risk backlash over it not working, they just mark it as incompatible.

Madden 2012 is an interesting case though. A trial version came pre-installed on my MAXX. I uninstalled it, knowing I had it purchased and the trial version makes you purchase it again through the app. But, as you said, when you go to download it from Play (that still seems weird to say), it says that the game isn't compatible, even though it is clearly compatible because of the demo on the phone. In this case, the developer and Verizon want you to pay a higher price for the game through the demo, so they blocked the device from being able to purchase/download from Play. Very underhanded in my opinion.