Razr HDMI question

Linus_

Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's possible to record video with the Razr Maxx of what is playing on my tv by using the hdmi cable.. is this possible? I'd like to record some video game footage and I don't see why the razr maxx isn't a great substitution for an HD PVR

Any insight greatly appreciated!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am pretty sure that would not work because the HDMI out is set to mirror what is on your phone to your TV. It is not like whatever is playing on your TV will be playing on your phone, thus nothing to record.

I could be wrong on that, but pretty sure it is not possible.

OP
L

Linus_

Reaction score
Thanks for the input Sydman, answers my question. Is that all it's capable of is mirror-mode? Seems like it would be so simple to record whats on the tv screen

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No but a VCR or dvr might be able too...

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
L

Linus_

Reaction score
Ya I'll end up having to buy a $200 hd pvr to do what i want, just thought it would be cool if i could figure out a way to do it with the maxx as all the technology seems to be inside it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

duncan0553

Reaction score
Not to hyjack the tread, but I am interested in where people get their HDMI cables from. I look at one this weekend at Best Buy and for a 8 ft HMDI to HMDI Micro was around $30 bucks. I have seen some on line for less but wanted to see if someone had gotten one and it worked good. Cheaper may mean cheap quilatity as well.

duncan0553

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies. I order the one off the amazon site due to free shipping made it cheaper. I will post when it comes in how it works.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I got a 15 foot micro HDMI/HDMI from Amazon... I think it was 9$ shipping and all. Awesome cable. Well made.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
94lt1 said:
I got a 15 foot micro HDMI/HDMI from Amazon... I think it was 9$ shipping and all. Awesome cable. Well made.

Yup that was the first one I posted because you sent it to me a couple weeks back. Really good deal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Ninja skills.