My internet only works for google apps...

Reaction score
I woke up today to a very strange problem. My phone will not connect to any internet site in the browser other than a google related site. Similarly, gmail, gtalk, etc work fine, but facebook app will not connect/update. Also google maps and the market all work fine as well.

I can search for something in the browser on google, but none of the links ever will connect.

I've pulled the battery, no dice.

I find this to be very strange.... any help or advice would be appreciated.

Oh, i'm running sapphire 1.0 running 1ghz ulv. I've been running this mod for several months now and have made no major system changes lately.

I havent tested on wifi yet, will do that when I get home from work.

Last edited:
OP
freakintoddles
Reaction score
Update:
I just loaded a different ROM, BB, just to see if anything changed... nope. WTF??? Now I am thinking it could be a VZW issue?

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Probably won't work if facebook app isn't working, but it can't hurt to try downloading an alternative browser. And when you switched Roms did you wipe data/cache?

Sent from my Ultimate DROiD 2.0.0 URBaN using Tapatalk

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know why, and I may be way off base here, but you may try to flash a different kernel. You may also want to check your settings- you may have something checked in there that is giving you issues...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
freakintoddles
Reaction score
Yeah FB app or any other app OTHER than the google ones is not able to connect to the internet. I tried dolphin and also skyfire with same results...
I did wipe data/cache yes. Any more ideas??

slaufer

Reaction score
started having the same problem this morning, unrooted droid with stock firmware.

edit: also can't connect to wifi. only non-google internet app that seems to be working is weatherbug, but i'm going to assume that's pulling weather data from google.

edit 2: my friend also has a verizon droid. he's sitting 10 feet away from me and not having any problems.

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my device has been doing this all day too. only will connect to the market over 3g. no other data connections work.... fb... df app... gtalk. I had to connect to my wifi to get anything to work.

has to be a vzw issue

*DroidForums app DOES*

slaufer

Reaction score
I stopped at a Verizon store on my way home this evening, apparently they've had people coming in with this problem off and on all night. Turning airplane mode on and back off may help, it worked for me even when yanking the battery didn't.

Lazerlike42

Reaction score
I stopped at a Verizon store on my way home this evening, apparently they've had people coming in with this problem off and on all night. Turning airplane mode on and back off may help, it worked for me even when yanking the battery didn't.

Actually, I found that airplane mode didn't work - nor did yanking the battery.

However, first yanking the battery (from a turned on phone) and THEN turning airplane mode on and off after rebooting got it working.

That and a prayer! :icon_eek:

flowergun

Reaction score
i have the same issue with my droid x.
anyone has any ideas about this?