"My Gallery" on ICS

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In the "My Gallery" app on ICS, where it shows all your pictures, it also shows all of my wallpapers, along with pics and videos I have taken with my camera. I have 250 wallpapers in my phone, my wallpaper changes automatically every 15 minutes.

Does anyone know how to get it to NOT show all the wallpapers along with my camera pics? I have to scroll through 250 wallpapers to find a pic I'm looking for. :blink:

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you get into my gallery click on "camera roll" that should show only pics you have taken with the camera. My Library is where all the wallpapers AND pics should be.

*Facepalm* Ok now I feel stoopid LOL :icon_rolleyes:

I tried creating a .nomedia file in the wallpapers folder, but then my wallpaper app stopped changing the wallpapers because it couldn't find them LOL :blink:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

I tried creating a .nomedia file in the wallpapers folder, but then my wallpaper app stopped changing the wallpapers because it couldn't find them LOL :blink:

You're entitled to one a year.... ;)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score

*chucklesnort* :p

Have you checked out QuickPic? I like it so much better then the stock gallery!

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
*chucklesnort* :p

Have you checked out QuickPic? I like it so much better then the stock gallery!

Took a trip to the Play Store and downloaded QuickPic. AWESOME!! The first thing I did was exclude the wallpapers folder, so now I don't have to worry about it. And yes, it's MUCH better than "My Gallery", which promptly got frozen in Titanium Backup LOL

THANK YOU!! Great recommendation!! :hail:

wseyller

Reaction score
The stock gallery has always been horrible. I also use quickpic. The gallery from the original droid was good but they totally screwed the bionics up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The stock gallery has always been horrible. I also use quickpic. The gallery from the original droid was good but they totally screwed the bionics up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I am definitely liking Quickpic MUCH better than the stock app. Way cool. :)

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
Took a trip to the Play Store and downloaded QuickPic. AWESOME!! The first thing I did was exclude the wallpapers folder, so now I don't have to worry about it. And yes, it's MUCH better than "My Gallery", which promptly got frozen in Titanium Backup LOL

THANK YOU!! Great recommendation!! :hail:

*yay* glad it helped ya! =)