My First OOOH moment with projector.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
My wife and I took a trip this weekend to Gatlinburg, TN. The place we stayed in was nice. The TV was not very well placed or large or anything really. Not that we had time to just sit and watch TV, we did have a few moments right before bed after a 20,000 step day. We just put on netflix (and chill) and projected it on the ceiling. The picture even on a popcorn ceiling was very watchable. The sound from phone was clear even coming from about 1 foot above us on the headboard facing the wall.

That was pretty satisfying.

I had also previously used it while eating pizza, while we were cleaning up our rental house. I put on BVS on a wall, and the family just sort of picnicked in the empty living room that was our old house for 12 years. I even projected tips on coping molding from youtube.

I thought it was going to be more of a gimmick that I pulled out to show people. I am finding out that it is very useful on a personal level.

Next test, full on projection on screen with bluetooth speakers. FYI, VLC player detects the projector and plays with phone screen off (rather than netflix and youtube also playing on phone screen).

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Very cool indeed. Your ideas for use are very inviting. I especially liked the remodeling tips while working on the home. Necessity is the mother of invention. You've proven to be this is much more than a gimmick. Great advice and short review.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My wife and I took a trip this weekend to Gatlinburg, TN. The place we stayed in was nice. The TV was not very well placed or large or anything really. Not that we had time to just sit and watch TV, we did have a few moments right before bed after a 20,000 step day. We just put on netflix (and chill) and projected it on the ceiling. The picture even on a popcorn ceiling was very watchable. The sound from phone was clear even coming from about 1 foot above us on the headboard facing the wall.

That was pretty satisfying.

I had also previously used it while eating pizza, while we were cleaning up our rental house. I put on BVS on a wall, and the family just sort of picnicked in the empty living room that was our old house for 12 years. I even projected tips on coping molding from youtube.

I thought it was going to be more of a gimmick that I pulled out to show people. I am finding out that it is very useful on a personal level.

Next test, full on projection on screen with bluetooth speakers. FYI, VLC player detects the projector and plays with phone screen off (rather than netflix and youtube also playing on phone screen).
Very cool. The projector Mod sounds like a nice addition. Gatlinburg is an awesome place for a vacation.

sibelio_zx

Reaction score
Are you talking about a portable projector, an accessory to a mobile phone or an app?

Enviado desde mi P9000 mediante Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Moto Mods for the new Droid Moto Z.

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
Did you happen to get that free? I had noticed I believe a tweet from Motorola that with the phone they were giving away the projector with it. I got the JBL speaker mod for free through best buy. I'm thinking of doing a custom design on the wood grain style mod that comes with the phone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Are you talking about a portable projector, an accessory to a mobile phone or an app?

Enviado desde mi P9000 mediante Tapatalk
mot-mods-pdp-hero-insta-share-projector-us-mz2e9ng16.jpg

moto-z-review-projector-420-90.jpg

Moto Insta-Share Projector

Last edited:
OP
legalkill

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Did you happen to get that free? I had noticed I believe a tweet from Motorola that with the phone they were giving away the projector with it. I got the JBL speaker mod for free through best buy. I'm thinking of doing a custom design on the wood grain style mod that comes with the phone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Yeah it was pretty much the deciding factor for getting the z Force over a s7 or note 7. Best buy had them free a week or so ago. I was waiting for the 64 GB gold trim version, but free projector was more important. I was glad I did, not sure when I would have been able to get one otherwise cause it a bit pricey. I upgraded son's when they had the free speaker at launch, so I have them both. The speaker is generally nice, but I find I want to use the projector more.