My Driod is Possessed!!!

ThomasCrown

Reaction score
When ever I turn on the screen it goes crazy. I try to unlock my phone and it starts pressing on numbers before i put my hand on the screen. Then if i do get to unlock it the phone just starts opening up apps and acting on its own! Any ideas of whats going on?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Do you have it plugged in? If so, is it the OEM charger? 3rd party chargers have been known to cause this problem.

If you're not plugged in, do you have any recent apps you installed such as an antivirus app? These have also been known to cause problems

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Al Neri

Reaction score
I turned my phone off the other day cause I was out in the country with no reception, when I turned it back on my wallpaper had changed from the matrix live wallpaper to a picture of my recently deceased Grandfather. Spooky!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will second the Non OEM Charger Theory - I saw this in action with my Droid and an EVO Charger

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

OP
T

ThomasCrown

Reaction score
No my phone was not plugged into a charger however I did have the app killer and anti-virus apps installed and with some luck was able to uninstall them. Which seemed to solve the problem for a little while. But it seems the problem has comeback.

SGTiger

Reaction score
No my phone was not plugged into a charger however I did have the app killer and anti-virus apps installed and with some luck was able to uninstall them. Which seemed to solve the problem for a little while. But it seems the problem has comeback.

I have seen this if the screen gets bad dirty. If I am eating/touching something sticky or greasy for example and use my touch screen it will go haywire. A little glass cleaner and it goes away. Perhaps something similar?