My Droid is psychotic

Mikes Stupid Droid

Reaction score
Yea, so... some days it behaves better than others. upon unlocking the screen, its as if the phone is possessed by demons.. it starts choosing apps to open, calls random people in my contacts, ignores me when i try to opperate it, i'm sure i've dropped it a few times, but its still in good shape, nothing is cracked or wet... I've done a factory reset which helped for 10 minutes, and then satan came back to the phone and continued the stuff it was doing before. either way, i'm getting a new one now... I pay for that stupid insurance everymonth, and i might as well use it.. but its annoying as hell because sometimes its perfect, then all of a sudden it completely tweeks. any suggestions?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, first thing to do is clean the screen very thoroughly with a quality glass cleaner. Spray it lightly, wipe it down with a tissue or piece of soft cloth. Now do that again. :)

Next up is a prox reset. Power the phone down, put your finger over the upper left part of the screen or cover the speaker grill on the front with your finger from side to side. Now reboot the phone and keep your finger over it till the phone boots to the home screen.

If the problem still persists you should take it back -- if youv'e had it less than a year they owe you a free replacement. If it's been more than a year than contact the insurance company. You have a bad digitizer. There is no software fix for it.

crspang

Reaction score
Does it act up when connected to a charger? Some non OEM chargers have been known to cause the issues you stated. Very humid conditions can cause it also.

samsonite801

Reaction score
My old D1 started doing this too. I figured out that it was only affecting one entire verticle column (about 1/4 inch wide strip) of the capacitive touch screen sensor. I think that the constant movement of the sliding door makes the ribbon cable start to separate from the back of the sensor. So I went back to the verizon store about a couple weeks ago and swapped it for an HTC Incredible. Much much better phone in my opinion.