Multitasking?

droid15

Reaction score
I know that android supports multitasking but i don't see how. I haven't been able to have multiple apps open and switch through them. Nor have i been able to leave an app and come back to it and be where I left off. How does android support multitasking?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hold the home button and you should be able to switch between your recent apps.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Turn on the Music Player and check your Email -

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I have tap talk open and I receive an email, I scroll down the notification bar, tap the notice, the app opens, I open and read, respond, or delete the email and tap my back and I am at DF tap talk.

OP
D

droid15

Reaction score
Turn on the Music Player and check your Email -

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:
Couldnt an iphone running ios 3.9 or lower(before ios officially supported multitasking) do this also, even though ios was not considered an os capable of multitasking?

OP
D

droid15

Reaction score
I understand your point with having a notification bar and everything. I guess i was just thinking a little to generic ...my previous idea of multitasking was having multiple things open at once in different windows and having overlapping windows, things of that matter. I guess right now that's kinda far away for any mobile operating systems. :(

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
That added to AT&T's lousy service motivated me to return to VZW and get a Droid. Very good decision.

mjforte

Reaction score
I understand your point with having a notification bar and everything. I guess i was just thinking a little to generic ...my previous idea of multitasking was having multiple things open at once in different windows and having overlapping windows, things of that matter. I guess right now that's kinda far away for any mobile operating systems. :(

Actually Palm does a good job on WebOs of multitasking using a card interface, which is sort of like different overlapping windows. That's the one thing I'm jealous of about my stepmom's Palm Pre. Hopefully Google hiring one of the creators of the UI for WebOs helps Android create a more intuitive way of multitasking in the future.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess i was just thinking a little to generic ...my previous idea of multitasking was having multiple things open at once in different windows and having overlapping windows, things of that matter.
A little too specific, actually. Multitasking doesn't mean windowed though every windowed OS's I've seen multitasks.