Much simpler guide for rooting (no pc required)

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Can someone please post the files in this thread somewhere? Please and thank you. :)

qwertyoo

Reaction score
Amazing guide! First time rooting. Took me literally 30min to find everything and get it done! One click would be nice but this works great! Awesome job!

One click has been out for awhile now. And pretty much all the bugs addressed.

I know. I mean as a one click app that I download to my phone, click root and it's done. No computer, no files to move to the sd card, no sdk or adb to deal with.

want a droid

Reaction score
After I've rooted what do I need to do before putting a new theme or rom on? I want to make sure it's not possible to brick my phone.

Ghostwhite

Reaction score
How can I enable usb debugging with a computer?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Yes, I've used it twice on my DX QUOTE=Jboxen;883712]Will this method also work on the Droid X? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ghostwhite

Reaction score
Ok Finally!!! I have Roooooot! But I didn't do the busybox cmds and now I can't install titanium backup. I searched the market and the one I found says that it will not work as a ROM specific Busybox. Is this the one I need?

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Open Titanium and click on the problems box on the bottom right, choose to install busybox.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

zatoichi

Reaction score
Great guide, worked easily once I had the proper files and apps. I had zero knowledge of linux and was able to complete this in 15 min.

I have some tips for those struggling ones I ran into. I have astro file manager, astro was not extracting droid2roor.rar correctly for some reason it kept extracting 0 bytes and terminal was not locateing file because it really was not there. So I grabbed unrar (free) from the market and extracted it to my sd card into the root location not a folder. I got better terminal from the market it let's u copy paste all the command lines. So I just had my browser up copy pasting from here to terminal. Now im takeing screenshots of my phone :D...

Flipp

Reaction score
wow, so i went thru the first four lines of code and then forced closed the terminal app i have like instucted, opened it back up and still had the $

so i retried two more time, and the third time i got a permission denied message...uhm wth? help please thanks

EDIT: ok so i tried a few times, still stuck after force closing the terminal app. still getting the $ im sure i followed the code exact too. advice?

EDIT EDIT: ok so i restarted my DX and started over, this time i got a whole different output after the fourth line of code. something about "forked 3804 childs." lol kinda funny

ok well i guess im rooted now, got my root ninja popping up, good ish bor, thanks for the guide

Last edited:

mithu

Reaction score
I get everything to get the #. but when I do the mount command. It gives the mount options. Should the rw come before or after it the -o?